IS respect earned or do you give it out to all people in the beginning as a sign of good faith?

0|0
1|17

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone starts out getting a basic level of respect from me. From that point they can either lose all respect or they can earn more.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• definetely earned. if someone demands being respected then he doesn't deserve it.

congrats for becomin guru btw!

0|0
    0|0
  • To me respect is earned. However there is a difference between respect and common courtesy. Just because I don't know you doesn't mean that I have to be a jerk. I like to think I'm polite to everyone. Unless they are a jerk first then that becomes reciprocated. But true respect on a level of trust has to be earned

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll give everyone the benefit of boubt until____.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's earned

0|0
    0|0
  • As far as first impressions go I give people the benefit of the doubt... After that I treat you the way you treat me.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opion you should give respect right from the beginning... because how can someone you you never met before earn your respect?

1|0
    0|0
  • There are many different kinds of respect. All people start with a basic level of respect and can either earn more or lose it entirely based on their actions.

0|0
    0|0
  • Respect is definitely earned for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I give it to everyone I meet.

0|0
    0|0
  • When i was young i used to give a damn about the society and world. now after facing not so good situations i say you got to give respect even if you don't agree with someone. at the end of the day you ain't on the scorching side of sun.

0|0
    0|0
  • I start everyone with a minimum balance but they have to increase their value from there.

0|0
    0|0
  • You start out with basic human respect. Above that is earned.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it's earned. For me I'll give you a little then the rest is up to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • People always have my respect, but only a few have my trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • I give it out in the beginning because I know if I disrespect or don't talk very much, I have a bigger chance of getting disrespected.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its my duty/habit to respect all irrespective of wthether they will return the favor or not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Give it out to all people, they can lose it or get more depeding

0|0
    0|0