Is there anything I can use (aside from aloe vera) to get rid of sunburns?

I decided to go in the pool for a good three hours earlier at a birthday party. Had sunblock on but clearly it did not stay on me after jumping in the chlorinated pool. My face hurts horribly and I look like a lobster. Any tips on how to get rid of it aside from aloe? I am allergic to it and can not use it at all.

Most Helpful Girl

• Apple cider vinegar and coconut oil. Soak a washcloth in apple cider vinegar and dab it all over your sunburn let it dry then rub coconut oil on it.

• Awesome! Thanks :) Good thing I already have these items in my cupboards lol

• Well that sounds like a good plan :) good luck hopefully your burn goes away soon

• Thanks! :)

What Guys Said 4

• You can also use black tea/tea bags. what you want to do is, boil like 2 tea bags until the water is black. let it cool of its until it is lukewarm, take a piece of rag and soak up some of the tea, apply it to the sun burned area. do this a couple of times. when you apply the tea to the area, let it dry off and then apply it again. You can also apply the bags on the area as well and leave it for about 5 mins, make sure its nicely soaked. Hope this helps Blessed Love

• Coco butter

• did u try havin some cold shower maybe?

• Milk is a good one!

What Girls Said 2

• There's not really anything that heals a sunburn except time. You can try stuff with a cooling agent in it but I have no examples because I use aloe. I had a really bad sunburn last summer and had to freeze a facecloth and sit on it to get the burning to stop.

• Freezing a face cloth takes away the pain? I may have to try that! My face hurts terribly :/

• I find that aloe Vera is the best but after sun is very good too... it really helps but coincidently its main ingredient is aloe Vera