If a legally woman can abort a fetus, should someone be charged for murder if they kill one. ?

Regardles if its an accident on purpose or during the commision of a crime. I think the courts have to decide if its a person or not. if its person then no one can kill it, if its not person than a mother can kill and no one can be charged with murder for killing one.

• A fetus is a person
  • A fetus is not a person
Sorry was distracted while writing this I re-wrote it below

If a woman can legally abort a fetus, should someone be able to be charged with murder if they kill one. ?

Regardless whether its an accident, or on purpose or during the commission of a crime. I think the courts have to decide if its a person or not. if it is a person then no one can kill it, if its not person than a mother can kill and no one can be charged with murder for killing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• only someone who has been born is considered a person in most countries.
    you can still be charged for kicking a pregnant woman in her womb though.
    also some legislatures say that an unborn can for example inherit money if their father died during the pregnancy.

actually it doesn't matter whether a fetus is considered to be a person or not, that has nothing to do with whether aborting it would be legal or not. some countries don't even have a legal concept of "personhood", so why should it matter?

What Girls Said 1

• Do you also think those who operate the electric chairs should be charged with murder also?

• No, but i think the courts should decide whether a fetus is a person or not. you can't kill you 4 year old and neither can anyone else. So why should you be able to kill your un born child if you want yet if someone else kills it its murder. I have nothing against a woman's right to choose, but what i do have a problem with is someone being charged with murder for killing one.

• @asker not really.

• Electric chairs aren't even used anymore.

What Guys Said 4

• maybe it'd count as a murder in dat case

• No, it should not count as murder.

It should count as injury to the mother.

• It wouldn't be the first legal contradiction to exist.

• Your still killing a unborn child. That seems cruel to me.