A guy hates me because I'm a "hipster"?

I know some of you are probably like "who the hell does she think she is? she isn't a hipster" and blah blah blah, but I've called a "hipster" on multiple occasions. Recently, this guy on YouTube who decided to start shit with me because I post the song lyrics to an indie song got all bitchy and started saying I was so disgusting and hipster was written all over me and that hipsters and teens trying to be different would ruin society and so on. He also had a pissy fit because I said dude and told me I was fake and shoould die.

By the way, I'm not saying that I'm hipster because the entire idea of it is kind of pointless now with it having become mainstream and "cool" to be hipster, but I don't know I've just been called that. Although, I was convinced that i was a hipster when I was 12, but back then, people didn't really care about "hipsters" or being "hipsterish" with their style.
I did consider the possibility of him being a troll too, but he just seemed to genuine in his beliefs.

Most Helpful Guy

• @kxera Sadly I don't even know what Indie songs are lol. Either way, young people in general have always been trendy, while older people outgrow the trends. They said the same thing about hippies back in the 60's. I'm sure the older generations where shaking their heads in disgust, while young people were into things they didn't understand. It happens every decade, so it's nothing new, and it's nothing to worry about.

• Well "indie" is short for independent, so technically "indie music" or an "indie song" is just music produced independently, but "indie" and "indie music" are often associated with indie rock bands and indie pop or synthpop stuff typically. When someone refers to indie, they're typically talking about something that's more underground that has an abstract sound than what mainstream people listen to. Even though she's mainstream, Lana Del Rey is often or used to be associated with indie. Common artists typically associated and called indie are "Phoenix, Miike Snow, Banks, MO, Franz Ferdinand, The smith, the Kooks, etc" Here are some of my favorite indie songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_WlZHg1Z8w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEB0zUPUr8o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmefFcRJbXE , but thanks by the way! That's probably it but it seemed like the guy was youngish. You make a great point though.

• @kxera Thanks, and I have no idea on who those people are lol. Just have fun, and enjoy your youth. As long as you stay out of trouble, it's no harm no foul. Though one day you'll probably outgrow some of it. I know I did at least.

• You should listen to the links I gave you, and what would you call fun? I typically don't do normal teen things. I've pretty much been told I act like an adult by older middle aged and beyond people, but maybe maybe not. I think I'll still be into the same music when I'm older, but with more. I don't typically listen to mainstream stuff unless it's older.

What Guys Said 5

• hpster u? tsk... i'd bever pass u as a hip... :|

• why so?

• u don't have those trademark glasses/clothin style :p

• That's stereotypical, but I actually do. I've a thing for collecting different glasses. My typical "hipster" glasses broke sadly, but I had a lot of different retro ones and I actually just ordered some new specs today. these are the ones I ordered: i01.i.aliimg.com/kf/UT8LKFDXxBaXXagOFbXq.jpg I'm so excited for them!! As far as style, you don't even really know mine, but I just wear what I feel. I have many different styles, but growing up, I pretty much just wore what I could afford and what my parents approved of. Style doesn't always make the hipster though; hipsterism is more a personality type thing , but I'm not complaining. I'm into labels. People are people. I am me. I listen to what I want to and dress how I want to and think on a deeper level when I want to.

• Well that guy seems mentally troubled.

• Don't take people on the internet seriously.
    Especially YouTube, this guy sounds like a troLl

• I think he was seriously. I've usually pretty good with picking out trolls. That did pass through my mind though. He very well could be.

• Expert trolls can act serious.
      Maybe it could just be some deluded adult who blames everything on our generation

• Very true.

• He's a troll, if you dont like something then dont watch it and move on.

• Hipsters are fucking dope, fuck that guy

What Girls Said 3

• If he lives in the *youtube* comment section of all places, is his opinion really that important? I'd ignore him and if you just have to give him an apathetic lol okay will do more to him than anything else.

• that sounds like his problem not yours. blow it off and enjoy your life

• I'm a hipster and I think that you are a hipster you really shouldn't care what he thinks. If you're not a hipster then you really shouldn't care either since nothing he said was truly meant for you.