GAGers: Who do you consider to be the biggest asshole in modern history?

For those who don't know, "Modern History" is the historiographical approach to the timeframe after the post-classical era (AKA the Middle Ages). There are different segments of "Modern history": Early modern history (16th to 18th century), late modern history (19th to 20th century), and contemporary history (everything relevant to present time, which is currently the 21st century).

The only rule: You can't name someone who's killed a bunch of people, like Hitler or Stalin, because those are too easy of answers.

For me, I think Edison was one of the biggest shitheads in modern history.

This video barely scratched the surface. The video stated that he had almost no original ideas whatsoever, and he STOLE everything that he's currently famous for from the real geniuses. That is definitely not true. But it did not explain the worst douchery that he had done. Two words: Nikola Tesla.

He offered Tesla about $10,000 to fix and improve one of his many "legal" patents. Tesla did just that, in record time. When he went to Tesla to claim the money that he was promised, that shithead retorted with "Oh Tesla, you don't understand our American humor!".
That incident where Edison forced his assistant to be a lab rat for experimental x-ray technology and the assistant ended up being horribly disfigured and later on died of cancer? Tesla warned him not to do it, but Edison pretty much told Tesla to go fuck himself and he went on with his little experiments anyway.
Tesla wanted to supply the entire world with energy made from his superior AC model generator, for free. Edison didn't want that, Edison wanted to make profits with his DC model. So in true Edison fashion, he electrocuted elephants as well as cats and dogs that he hired a bunch of kids to steal from neighborhoods, with Tesla's AC method in order to

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla

Proof that Tesla was superior to Edison in every single way imaginable.
For those who are too lazy to read the post, PEOPLE WHO HAVE KILLED OR COMMITTED GENOCIDE DO NOT COUNT. They are too easy and overly used. Plus I'm looking for assholes/douchebags, not psychopaths.

Most Helpful Guy

• early modern - Columbus

late modern - King Leopold

Contemporary - Chairman Mao

What Girls Said 4

• Kanye West!
    media4.popsugar-assets.com/.../...es-Himself-8.jpg
    This card exists for a reason lol.
    I just think he's really self absorbed and spoiled.

• I think it would be Kony. I hate Kony more than I hate Hitler.

• Who's kony LOL?

• He's this crazy guy who kidnaps children and forces them to murder their parents. He's done this to tens of thousands of children.

• @PeachSunset

And this group of people in America has conned millions out of millions of dollars for the "Kony 2012" campaign.

• I was totally going to say Caligula but NO. It had to be POST-CLASSICAL.

• Franco. Women had no rights and were under absolute rule of their husbands and religion.

What Guys Said 6

• Billy Gunn aka Mr. Ass

• Katie Hopkins. I just wanna punch her.
    www.youtube.com/watch

• Hands down margeret sanger.

• Who is she and what did she do that would qualify her as the biggest asshole is modern history?

• Or the judges who ruled on roe vs wade.

• She started planned parenthood which is responsible for millions of deaths. She also started them in black and latino communities to get rid of minorities.

• NFL commissioner Roger Goodell

• Barack Obama.

• Hitler of course

• Somebody did not read the post.

• It's too easy, because you know it's the RIGHT one

• I'm not even going to waste my time arguing with someone who was too lazy to actually think of his answer and instead chose the easiest answer possible that required no thought, even though I specifically said to not use that kind of answer.