Who has the absolute power in dating and sex? Men or women? If your mental capabilities are too limited to?

Answer without passively being politically correct then don't answer. Also explain your answer and don't starting whining getting defensive this is only a question.

What I mean by passively politically correct is saying "Its equal" yeah right live a little.
Only guys answering this... Gee I wonder why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ultimately, women have the say, whether they will go out with a man, or not.

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend has complet control in our sexual relationship and I like it that way but he always says I'm the brains he is the burte in our relationship

• I'd say the woman has more control when it comes to sex and dating.
    Men typically approach, it's the girl who agrees or disagrees to the encounter. And if the woman is the one approaching, typically the man "will never refuse sex when offered"

The same is true in relationships. It takes nothing for a guy to get hard, but if the guy isn't getting the girl wet enough or turning her on then they won't be having sex. A girl has to be in the mood. So a woman can say "let's have sex" and the guy with basically instantly get hard. If the man says "let's have sex" the girl needs to be warmed up, lubed up, taken care of before they have sex.

• So women do have absolute power?

• And go to jail. A woman could rape a guy and it wouldn't get reported because of the embarrassment it would entail

• I'm just saying, realistically it would be easier for a guy to drug or simply overpower a girl and rape her than it would be for a girl to overpower a guy. I think girls mostly rely on coercion and getting the guy drunk so he can still get hard for her to rape him. That or pedophilia.
      But yeah, you can blame the patriarchy for society not taking male rape victims seriously (not to sounds like a raging feminist, but it's true)

What Guys Said 15

• I've always been of the opinion that a woman knows if she's going to get laid unlike men

• Neither has "absolute" power however I'd say women have more control over the casual sex market. Men have more control over the marriage market but once you say "I do" she owns your ass.

• Women have the upper hand in dating but in moving on to marriage, it turns out men have enormous power. In sex women definitely are the gatekeepers. They generally don't have the physical power to control it but there is no question they have the political and legal power.

As to why women rule dating but men rule marriage, it's like this. Women are more selective about who they'll spend time with and guys have to ask a lot of women to find a partner. Because of this, women know all they have to do is appear pleasant and potential partners will approach them, and they get to choose who they pair up with.

But for marriage it's still the guy who proposes 99% of the time, and by the time he does she usually has already decided. If the guy doesn't want to get married, he just doesn't ask. He almost never has to reject a proposal because women almost never ask.

Once they get married, however, the power shifts dramatically back to women. Custody and support laws still favor women because they reflect the economic world of 100 years ago and that has improved greatly for women, but the laws are still there to address situations that no longer apply. This is ONE of the reasons for a decline in marriage.

• Women have the advantage in terms of general dating and sex. They are the gatekeepers of sex, they choose their partner, etc. It's called sexual economics.

Men do have the advantage in terms of commitment though as that is the thing women seek for more and men provide.

• If you're going to be bitter about it it's because a lot of girls don't want a guy, a lot of them want a dog. It's rough to find someone who isn't going to try to change you, but the issue is finding someone you're going to be attracted enough to deal with their shit. If you could find someone who isn't going to try to take all power then keep em.

• women have power over avegrage poor / middle class men (so most of men).

Good looking + wealthy men have all the power, but there aren't many of them.

It's like women have the power over 90% of men, and 10% of men have the power over all women.

• Women... they have half the money and all the pussy.

• women... it's common fact.

• In dating, the power should be splt. In bed... The power depends whos on top 😖

• I'm not PC because PC is a fallacy so no worries there. As for absolute power, I'm not even sure what that means... literally? If it means what I think it means, there is no such thing as absolute power between man and woman in a relationship. Relationships, all relationships whether romantic, professional, or platonic, all boil down to compromise. Give and take.

• Not really. The guy has to approach the woman, ask her out, take her out. All the woman has to do is accept or reject .

• This applies to both as women ask men out as well which, brings us full circle to compromise. Also, your questions referred to power in relationships and asking someone out is the stage preceding a relationship. The date is the actual beginning of a relationship. Both men and women alike possess the same power and are only given an advantage or more power when the other party either grants or allows it. The relinquishment of 'power', choice, or authority is called compromise.

• No one has absolute anything.

• Women hands down.

• Neither.
    a good relationship only works with unison.
    Thus nobody having the upper hand and so on

• Here we go with the politically correct bullshit.

• So because you disagree, it's bullshit?
      what a childish mindset lol

• Women have the power because they have a higher opportunity cost (pregnancy).

• It depends on age I think. Women will always use sex as a tool to get what they want out of a mate. At younger ages, there is little men can give women besides their looks, but as women and men get older, women start to seek security and provisioning, and at that point men gain the upper hand.

• Yeah that might be the case say like 30-40 years ago, but nowadays there's women making just as much and/or even making more money then men

• A woman, even when making good money, will almost always seek out someone of greater wealth then themselves. Do even if she makes more money then most of the guys, she will still seek out a wealthier partner than herself. It has been proven that women who make more money that there partner experience lack of sexual desire for them and are much more likely to cheat. Much of a women's attraction to a man is based on dependency, the ideal match being a man a point or two higher than her on the SMV scale. You must take hypergamy into consideration.