Guys: which name do you like better, Logan Quinn or Owen Dante?

Hey guys, my boyfriend and I are having trouble deciding on a name for our boy. I'm 8 months pregnant now so we're kind of getting desperate lol. We've narrowed it down to Logan Quinn or Owen Dante... I prefer Logan but he prefers Owen. So, what do you guys think? What do you like better and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Neither. Logan and Owen are both relatively common and what this will do is pigeon-hole your kid when he becomes an adult. You don't want to do that. Instead, chose a name that has some distinctiveness - not used by a lot of parents of your generation - but also not something stupid. For instance, you don't want to name your kid Squidbert, but you don't want to name him something as mundane as John (or Logan or Owen). For instance, Curt/Curtis/Kurt, Len (as in Leonard), Vincent, Victor, Gabriel.

Logan and Owen are also last names, so there is a danger in that. However, some last-names-as-first-names that are good are, for instance, Reed (as in Reed Richards aka Mr. Fantastic of the Fantastic 4) or Steele (as in Steele Stanwick, famous lacrosse player). Other good names in this category are Kennedy, Truman, Smith (yes, Smith as a first name is cool), Roman, maybe Dennis but that's almost mundane, Stanley (as in Stan from South Park, don't choose Kyle - everyone is Kyle now...),

Something you could do is create merged names. For instance, I knew a girl whose father was John and mother was Michelle and they named the girl Jonchelle (which we called her "JC"). Now, Logan + Owen could be Lowan. Lorcan is a cool Irish name. Do not use Dante - that's like Kyle and Logan and Quinn now - smugly commonplace.

Experiment with merged names - you will be grateful for it.
    Best of luck and get married!

What Guys Said 7

• Logan Quinn

• owen dante then

• Both sound like an alias for a secret agent.

• I'll take the first, I guess...

• Are the first and middle names or just two first names. I like the name Dante and Quinn the best.

• Jager is awesome and has 0 to do with alcohol. Its German for hunter which, is also an awesome name.

• I like Logan. I do not know why, just sounds better.

What Girls Said 6

• This is tough. Love the name Logan but I like the middle name Dante haha sorry I couldn't be much of a help.

• Logan Quinn... of if you still can't decide... Logan Owen! Logan is more masculine and good for a first name, Owen is a more tender name, and perfect for a middle name.

• Owen Dante.

• Logan Quinn is a beautiful name!

• Owen Dante :)

• Logan Quin is my persobal favorite, i like the ring to it