Are there any long-running Television-Series out there who didn't end up getting worse over time?

I know it's basically a personal preference. But recommend me a series that in your opinion consistently stayed good during its entire run?

Most Helpful Guy

• South Park seems to have stayed relatively the same since they first started. Some of their episodes are most focused on pop culture than toilet humor like the first few seasons, but they still manage to put in plenty of dirty jokes with the pop culture references.
    The only South Park episode I ever hated was the war over PS4 and Xbox-One episodes that were basically just ads for their upcoming game South Park The Stick of Truth.
    They're still funny, still edgy (the Simpsons lost their edge) and they haven't forgotten their roots of why they became famous: for gratuitous fart jokes and cursing.

• I agree. I can't say there ever was a season where I didn't laugh, just episodes here and there who simply fell short for me. I really liked the newest season because they experimented with continuity in their jokes between episodes and I think this worked out great! For the first time South Park started feeling more than a series rather than a slice-of-life kind of deal. I like watching the older seasons more though, simply because I pretty much get all of the references while this wasn't the case for the last two seasons. I'm not as up to date with pop-culture anymore as I once was.

Good pick.

What Girls Said 6

• Always sunny in Philadelphia, to me at least.

• Have seen a few episodes and it certainly wasn't bad. Thanks for the reminder.

• MISFITSSSSSSSS

• I love Arrow and think it has improved heaps since the first season.

• I like it more than The Flash, personally. But I dunno, my interest in Arrow wavered after the second season. The main guy in Arrow however is very attractive and his physique is great!

• I think is/was really good, long, but good Charmed

• Breaking Bad.

• M*A*S*H was pretty decent all the way to the end.
    Deadliest Catch is still great for me.
    Dirty Jobs never went down hill...

• I love Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe is such a sympathetic guy! M*A*S*H wasn't my jam, but I know it's a classic.

• I love Mike Rowe!!
      Eh I've always liked M*A*S*H

What Guys Said 4

• The Sopranos is a show that was consistent and never fell off.

• Scrubs was legit for 7 out of the 9 seasons. They introduced too many characters toward the end though.

• Sienfeld, MASH, Firends

• I'd say utopia and breaking bad.
    I'm not sure if they're bad shows to you though, just my opinion.

• Utopia sounds interesting, I gave it a quick glance at imdb.

While some may disagree, I found Breaking Bad to be incredibly gripping from start to finish!

• Utopia is my favourite show. Quite thought-provoking and good use of music and aesthetics.
      Breaking Bad was really good as well but I'm not sure if there will ever be another show like it, unfortunately.

• There probably will be, but maybe built on different merits. Considering that the world is slowly getting more open about drugs in general, a similar series could be sparked at some point. But yeah, Breaking Bad definitely had a rather unique hook to it.