What do you do when you feel lonely and insecure?

I feel so unlovable, replaceable, and undesirable. There's always something that gets in the way when I feel happy. Things are messed up now, and I feel so unhappy. I will always be alone.:/

Most Helpful Girl

• Its ok!!! You're loved. I sometimes feel like that too and it took me a while for my eyes to actually open up and realize I was so much. Same thing goes for you! Sometimes we're blinded by bad experiences. Like for example, when a friend posts a pic on instagram and purposefully doesn't tag me even though i'm in the picture, like wtf?
    It just makes me feel like no one likes me. But hey, no friend is perfect, and she's being the best friend she can be and there will obviously be jealousy at 15.
    Something as ridiculous as that made me feel like everyone hated me and I was stupid/annoying/etc.
    Sometimes when I feel lonely, I watch my favorite TV show/movie or spend time with anyone I can! My parents, my brother, any friends basically.
    Extend your circle of friends! Not so you can use someone when you're lonely, but get people who actually make benefits in your life.

• Your very wise. Sometimes my wisdom can be clouded by emotions. Lol
      Thanks for the positivity.:)

• Thank you :)!
      Its fine, it happens to everyone, I know its happened to me hundreds of times!!! No problem

What Guys Said 16

• It’s time to start setting some goals and making plans for your life. Focus on living your life and doing the things that you love, outside of having a partner. A man is not what’s going to make you happy, you have to find your own happiness, no one else can do that for you. It’s some hard lessons learned about love and life. You need to come to a point in your life where you view dating in terms of “if I meet someone I do, if not then oh well, my life is already great the way it is” If it’s meant to be then the right person will come along, probably when you least expect it and when it’s the last thing on your mind.

• I get goals for myself. Personal ambitions that I want to achieve in life, that have nothing to do with my single status or not. Often those are dreams I had when I was young, when all I thought about was what I wanted to do with my hobby. Like, trying to pick up a third language, becoming amazing at playing the guitar, painting really nice landscape pictures, etc. Maybe the equivalent for others is like building a treehouse, tending to your own private garden, becoming a great bathroom singer etc.

Well anyway, I've sort of settled with the fact that I'm definitely going to be more upset and stressed trying to think about personal relationships. I just have no affinity with people, and there's nothing I can do about it. And for the next half decade, it is still a somewhat acceptable state for a person to be, to be single. I'd better spend those years nicely while I'm still young and unburdened, I think.

My best private place to be when I get depressed is to start singing along, like a karaoke session heh. Music is wonderful. Even angsty lyrics don't get to me at all, it's all about getting that pitch and tone!

• I will always be right here for u with the same LUV in ma heart if u ever needed sumbooty to nurse that broken heart of urs baby 💋

• Lol sumbooty? Thanks Keyspirts!:)

• Yas that sumbooty is yo Asian boi right here 😉 waiting to give u all his LUV and affections 💏

• Take another breath.

(a. k. a. I feel this THAT often)

• U will not be alone for long, in fact bring it in closer closer yeah thats it one big hug from me to u!😊😀😃😄 and i got u some flowers, had to after that sweet hug i just got💐🌸🌷🌹🌻🌺💐🍀🌹🌺

• You're the sweetest. Thanks.

• And message me anytime u feel lonley afraid or just bored i am on here a lot i do it from work to

• I did smile, and you helped me. I'll surely message you.:)

• Sometimes i feel like that too and thing my love will leave me and go on with some better more funny guy but i say to myself... I am who i am... Unattractive, ugly or whatever but the way i love her and who i am is not going to change.. .. The more pain and shit the world is going to give me the more better im gonna be. Even when my friends leave me alone and my family, i start behave more sweetly and gently becuz i am who i chose to be and i chose to be happy... If u feel down listen to ur favourite songs... Cry if u want... Do cycling and burn the energy or carry out some hobby if u like... Dont feel low ok... Life is too short to be sad and waste moments... Enjoy life :)

• Your not alone, as a teenager sometimes I feel like its just not worth living anymore and It gets pretty lonely and its because of some pretty stupid reasons aswell (at least to my relatives) like changing your school and leaving your friends behind but hey guess what you'll make new friends; yeah right as if it was that easy!!
    The fact is although these litttle things have no impact on others (e. g. who cares if your lonely or insecure they'll just tell you to get over it) they are pretty significant to you.
    I found that time is the only way to heal these wounds although listening to green day cheers me up to, regardless I hope you find your way aswell.

• Get my Monster Headphones on. Enjoy the Beatz...😎 👾

• Like how i feel now... I just TRY to live, why life is so illogical and unfair? o. O okay... i m so pessimistic nowadays.

• I hug a pillow. Or sit in my room and listen to music. Or play a game. Or go see my best friend.
    I know that feel.

• Have to work on being happy with yourself if you want to be happy with someone else.

• That's easier said than done.

• True, but no one else can do it for you.

• If you feel lonely you always have friend and family. But if don't have any family or friends, make friend. If you need someone talk to message me

• I usually masturbate. It makes me feel better.

• I tell myself to quit that shit and then I'm fine.

• I do that too, but that's why I'm so depressed. I hold it in, and then I explode.

• I don't hold it in at all.

• Exercise read a book or practice an instrument. If I feel less than acceptable I work to make myself more than acceptable.

• Wow--that is pretty impressive. Nothing wrong with a little self-improvement, I suppose. Goals and knowledge are both admirable things.

• Let's all virtual hug the asker!

P. s. Try not to give into emotions...

• Aww thanks

• I like to drink or eat when I feel sad lol you probably shouldn't do that...

• Lol if you'll have a gigantic beer belly by the time you're 40. Haha

What Girls Said 12

• Call or send a whatsapp to my best friend. He always talks it out of my head. Otherwise I go inline-skating or gaming or something. Watch some anime. Something to keep me busy.

• I usually just say fck this shit I deserve better and repeat it in my head. And I start going on dating apps to boost my ego and feel wanted again.

• Watch tv, listen to music and dance, go for a walk.

• i sometimes feel the same... try to keep yourself busy

• i either workout or read articles. I'm really into mindfulness and learning to feel complete and whole on my own and it's really helping. It also helps banish negative thoughts and teach you about what truly matters.

• If it helps, we have all felt like that. Our loneliness ironically is shared by all. I listen to music and take a walk. It cheers me up.

• I'm feeling like that at the moment. Sometimes I just complicate my own life. I sabotage my own happiness.

• I usually do things to stop me from thinking
    like go on a tv show benders/ watch netflix, workout
    eat yogurt and just try to do things to make myself feel better

• have a "ME" day like:
    experiment with make up and hair until i find one i like possibly get hair cut
    go see a movie by myself
    go shopping
    read a book, drink tea, watch netflix, go to bed early
    soak in a tub filled with bath salts and paint nails

• Read, listen to music, write, talk to friends.

• Go to the gym. Or eat chocolate.

• Mmm you're not alone. I feel the same way. This is what I do
    Work on goals
    Make myself up and go out with friends
    Go to the gym