Do you think it's pathetic that Facebook makes me really depressed?

Most Helpful Guy

• nope, science and research has found it to have that effect on everyone.

more time on faceboob = less happy with your life, and more likely to develop depressions or feel inferior.

• Lmfao "Faceboob"

Now we all know what YOU'RE doing whenever you log into facebook! Ya nasty... :P

• @thinkprettythoughts if i wanted to look at tits, i'd go at sites MEANT for that...
      I don't really use facebook that much. Mostly to stay somewhat updatd on local events, and stuff like that. And that takes less than an hour per day

What Guys Said 8

• Ma LUV is awaiting that broken heart of urs baby 💋 ma heart is tdy to mend ur beoken heart back together in one piece 💝

• Nah man, I respect you for admitting that Facebook depresses you. Just delete and live your life happy. No big deal.

• Facebook is pathetic in general, so stay away from that shit. You'll feel so much better.

• That's rather normal.

• No it doesn't. . It's made me depressed before

• Yesvyou are free not to use it.

• I stopped using facebook 4 years ago, best decision i ever made. Real friends call.

• Because people seem really happy with their posts and pictures? Trust me it's not anywhere close to an accurate description to what their lives are like. I know because I've seen photos of people at a party where they looked like they were having a blast. Then looking at the background I recognize the place and realize I was at the same party and thought it was pretty dull and they were just putting on smiles for the camera.

What Girls Said 6

• No! It doesn't make you pathetic and you certainly aren't the only one feeling that way. I sometimes feel lackluster and down in the dumps whenever I spend too much time on FB and even Instagram now.

I think we naturally compare our lives to the fabulous, social, beautiful lives people claim to have on their social media accounts. It's all just one big hoax, really. No one's life is that perfect.

• Considering we know facebook does experiments where they try to purposefully make people feel angry/sad/happy/etc... I don't think it's pathetic at all. Get off it if it's bothering you

• It depends what makes you feel depressed about it. If its about stalking a guy or so, yes you are pathetic but i understand you. I've been there so like what others are telling, try to stay away from it. It won't do you any good.

• Nope, it makes many people depressed. The way people post only good things happening in their lives, if you're having a bad day scrolling through all the updates can make you feel worse.

• Yes deactivate n dont go back.. i alway go back n i feel depressed straight away.

• Yeah. Get rid of it. I'm a lot happier now that I have.