2 new jobs, new apartment, new roommate, new city, new lifestyle. How can I adapt?

To cut a long story short I went from being broke and living on unemployment insurance while living with my parents and younger brother at age 30 to suddenly getting 2 new jobs in a new city. I moved up 4 days ago and began work 3 days ago. I'm thrilled to finally be off of unemployment and working 2 part time jobs that pay twice what I made at my last place for work. But my god this has been very stressful. I left a lot of things behind when I moved out of my parents house. Like my classic car I couldn't take up here with me, and my man cave that had a panoramic view of the valley. The move happened very suddenly. One day I'm told to travel far away for an interview, the next day I'm hired, and 3 days later I moved into a new apartment.

I'm very thankful that I can support myself once again. I felt very self conscious about living with my parents in these hard times. But now I'm beginning to feel homesick.

What Girls Said 1

• First off, congratulations on your new beginnings. Nice to read you're doing better than you were.

It's tough going from one environment to the next just like that. The culture and people and everything else alike may be completely different from what you're use to. Gradually, as you become more involved and interactive with the people in your new place, those differences will become more apparent. As for being homesick, you're going to be pretty busy adjusting to your new life so you want to regularly maintain contact with your loved ones at home. It assures them that you still care about them. =]

What Guys Said 1

• Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity. And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls... are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered.

- James Patterson