Why do you believe in god?

guys we live in modern science and technology but then also most people believe in god, if i ask you why you believe as you know it just a menatlity and huaman thinking.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not just a mentality, it is a fact. There is a creator and he is the one and true God. Think of it like this. I have a pile of raw materials and if i let that pile of raw materials sit over thousands upon thousands of years it will never become a rolex, or even a cheap watch for that matter. In fact thousands of years later it will still be just a pile of raw materials. you have to have a watchmaker, someone who designs the watch and builds it, to have a watch. The world and everything in it, both alive and inanimate objects alike, wether human or dolphin, are extremely complex. Tiny atoms form together to make proteins and carbohydrates that form together to make cells that can only be seen with a micro scope. Then trillions of these cells all form together to make one being, one complex, functioning, centient being. That is then in turn able to create things on its own. (Hence we are made in God's image) such a being could never just happen. No living thing could just happen. Sp there has to be a creator, there has to be a God. Now if you look at the bible and compare it to the religous texts of other people on this earth you will find that it has no faults, no contradictions, and no mis conceptions in it. You will find a God different from any god that man could have thought up. This difference is that he chose to love us instead of using us for his own gain. He gave us a choice in life, to worship him or not, and even more he gave his life to pay fpr our sins and transgressions. This is the reason i know that there is a God, i know that he made the world, i know that he loves me, and you, and everyone else on this earth no matter what they choose to beleive, and that he sent himself in his own son to die on the cross to pay for my wrongdoing and the wrong doing of everyone throughout all human history.

What Girls Said 6

• I believe in god for many reasons but mainly because i don't have to deal with everything that is happening in my life! Sometimes, I know that this friend of mine will be there to help me whenever i need him.

• I don't believe any god. I don't need their religion or their word for being good. They look like despotic rulers, follow my word or I'll crush you. What is that? Why people follow them? Because people afraid from afterlife, that's it. Fear is the weapon for gods and their rules. Nobody wants to suffer after death that's the reason, people just pursuing their eternal happiness, without proof...

• i agree on you, i thought i'm the only one who don't believe in god, if i say really i don't like these stuff, it is just business,... thanks... :)

• Yes I do believe in God.

• I was raised by my family to be a Christian

• I believe in God because I knew him my entire life

• Everyone believes in something... and some call that God I guess

What Guys Said 11

• I'd survived a head on collision sandwiched between my mother and the dashboard at 7 months, survived thousands of beatings, have had the strength to defend those who couldn't, a bullet comes to stick when a gun goes click, but when out of hands to lay by the trash bin it goes off. Science may try to disprove, say that things and events are by chance, but every breath, every moment shared, every relation good or bad happens by a purpose. Modern technology, modern science, divert of what's important or keeps us from forming anything that would matter.
    I'm still kicking for a purpose, don't know exactly yet, but I don't think by chance I still breathe.
    To have an opportunity to share or give just because there can be love and care for a stranger, to show and share what had been shown to us just because.

• Friendly talking. You think everything that's happening has a purpose? Why do young children who haven't done anything bad yet in their life die? God must be pretty evil then right?

• Okay, so all those other people that have died in accidents and everything else weren't given a purpose, right? Uh huh...

• I'm not saying I'm anything special. But often times through tragedy, we find grace, a strength to carry on and get toward helping. Natural disaster, poverty, the 3rd world countries, you'll find people flocking over there for relief efforts and aiding to help with food and medicine. When our time is done our time is done, no more pain and suffering.

To this day, at times I wonder why I couldn't have just gone when my life could be taken, i have been a Christian for only 3 years, when asked I try my best to provide the best answer, if I'm pressed to deliver, I strive to give my best effort.

Some things in this world will take my whole life to figure out, the hypocrisy makes subjects thick to digest from time to time, but it's how trials are handled that we find the reasons we go through them.

Much apologies if I had offended, I just gave my 2 cents on the matter. I would go deeper, but this is @slpkings1997 question for opinions, tag me in a? Or message if you want to go further.

• My guess goes for early indoctrination with the ideology, threats of eternal suffering for disobeying, and a claim that disbelief in just a test devised by God. People are told to think that they are the ones doing "the right thing". It worked for any far right ideology just as well. Personally I don't need religions in my life to be content with it.

• Yes i do.

Why? Because i came to this belief based on reason and logic. Christianity provides a coherent basis for trusting our cognitive faculties as reliable sources for discerning truth. An atheist materialist belief system doesn't provide that, in fact it pulls the rug by which its own belief rests on. Evolution pretty much contradicts naturalism. An atheist reductionist aapproach to knowledge pretty much shuns any capacity to understand the world sufficiently.

It dismantles scholastic meta physics, sociology, history, science etc in favour of atheistic reductionism, materialism and scientism which shapes its beliefs rather than the other way around.

Logically i can be a Christian and believe in reason precisely because I'm a Christian. There is in fact contrary evidence against atheism than supporting. Part of what made me become a christian was the historicity abs abundance of data

Or as c. s Lewis put it
    "“Supposing there was no intelligence behind the universe, no creative mind. In that case, nobody designed my brain for the purpose of thinking. It is merely that when the atoms inside my skull happen, for physical or chemical reasons, to arrange themselves in a certain way, this gives me, as a by-product, the sensation I call thought. But, if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true? It’s like upsetting a milk jug and hoping that the way it splashes itself will give you a map of London. But if I can’t trust my own thinking, of course I can’t trust the arguments leading to Atheism, and therefore have no reason to be an Atheist, or anything else. Unless I believe in God, I cannot believe in thought: so I can never use thought to disbelieve in God.”

- C. S. Lewis

Something that's been widely recognised in biology for centuries now.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z3CsCOAl2KI

• That C. S. Lewis argument is terrible. Your brain and thinking evolved over hundreds of millenia in an interplay with the environment. Of course they aren't perfect, but they're what we've got.

• Of course they aren't perfect, but they're what we've got."

Terrible because you don't seem to understand the argument.

At least you acknowledge that are brain isn't perfect. Thus your acknowledge that it's untrustworthy and unreliable. Thus you have no rational basis for trusting any single belief you form through the method of "logic" including the same ones that led you to Atheism

• I think most people who believe in god do so because that's what they have been taught in their childhood by their parents or school, it's very comfortable to stick with what you have been taught and not question it too much. As far as I know, very few people are atheist and then become religious.

• Except for drug addicts

• Yeah because they have lost complete control over their lives and need something to hold onto to get it back together, often that is religion.

• Because it's easy.

• People need something to believe in. To have faith in

• they can believe in ourself then why god?

• I don't know I don't believe to God myself.. From my observation, people who believes to God are people who face more hardship in life. If you go to a poorer country, many people there believe in God and also that God has a plan for them etc etc. They believe there is something out there much bigger than everything in the 'mortal world'. I used to live in that society.

• No I don't believe in God anymore

• look around. you think we have such a vast universe simply from evolution? nothing can evolve from nothing

• 0|0
  • Sunk costs.

• Because I have yet to see sufficient evidence as to why I shouldn't.

• The interesting fact about this is generally new atheism proclaims they don't need to explain a thing. .. which is a cop out but equally claim they "lack a belief" (which is something you can only have if you're either in a coma or a vegetable or lack any degree of knowledge about reality to make an informed opinion)

It's quite easily discernable why new atheism doesn't have the capacity to give an answer to anything without borrowing from religion in order to do so but to claim it's the default belief is irrational. All the evidence we have tells us we are born believers from birth. Wired to believe which is why 90% of the planet throughout history has always believed regardless of where they are.

I'd really like to see classical atheism return which isn't founded by adolescents so we have ab intellectual enterprise that advances debate instead if going backwards

• @G-Daz, ah yes, more philosophically detached rambling.

Let's begin with the conclusion that unicorns don't exist. Well, the burden of proof lies on both parties, you see, because you can't prove it does or it doesn't! I mean come on, atheists! Aristotle was groundbreaking material centuries ago, but I think science has superseded that since then, no? Much less speculation and a bit more research with results that have propelled mankind. Not entirely sure what you mean by no "objectivity" in Atheism, unless you're referring to the fact that there is some kind of unified code that atheists follow, than yes, you are correct. This is why people like Sam Harris resent that term, the religious like to try to box in the nonbelievers. I don't believe in astrology but I don't consider myself a "Non-astrologist"

• It's all opinion and conjecture until someone presents a scientific theory in which God, or for that matter, any deity or mystical force, does exist or doesn't. I have yet to see the scientific method applied to the existence of God. Until then, it is all hypothesis, and there is nothing wrong with that. We don't know what lies on the other end of a black hole. Is it therefore wrong to speculate? No, it's not. Many famous scientists hypothesize that black holes are 5th dimensional conduits through which matter may be transmitted instantaneously over space-time. The thing is, until we apply the scientific method to that hypothesis, it has as much credence as the existence of God.