Should I drop out of high school?

So I'm going to be a junior in high school and I got my report card back and I don't feel like I did great at all. I got two A's three B's and one C+ as the final grades for my sophomore year. I feel discouraged by this because I want to get into a good college like UCLA for example, but I know that they would never accept these kinds of grades. I feel like giving up and dropping out right now so should I drop out or continue to try and pray that the future isn't worse?

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely not. I dropped out, and I regret it. I'm assuming you're 15 about to be 16, which means I dropped out of high school when you were about one year old. I have spent all the time since then trying to make up for the ground I lost by dropping out and not getting an education. I have spent literally your entire life trying to make up for the poor choices of my youth. Are you willing to spend the next 15 years making up for 2 years of high school?

Think about what you're saying. You're afraid you won't reach your goal, so instead of trying harder to get what you want you're just gonna give up and go work at McD's till your 40? Imagine what the world would be like if great minds like Einstein, Tesla, Galileo, and Newton did that whenever they were faced with adversity. We'd all be sitting in candlelight praying the sun deity takes pity on us.

You're rocking a 3.25 GPA man. You seem like that type that aims high so that probably sounds low to you, but that's actually phenomenal. You know how many people there are who work twice as hard as you just to get to a 3.0?

What Girls Said 5

• no, just study more and work really hard.
    dropping out wil make things much much harder for you in the future when it comes to finding a job.

• If you drop out not, clearly you can kiss that UCLA dream goodbye. I'm pretty sure if you focus on your goals of making it and try really hard senior year, you'll get it. You can always do a 5th year to improve your chances.

• Finish high school and work hard. Even if you don't get into UCLA there are a bunch of great colleges. Also you can also go to one college and then transfer to UCLA. If you drop out of high school you will definitely regret it later.

• Never drop out! That should never be a choice. Continue to work for it and try your best!

• you have two more years stfu...

• You do realize that colleges look into all of your years in high school right?

• yes but improvement in grades meaning you do better this year shows maturity and makes you a better contender...

What Guys Said 6

• 1|0
  • So the logic behind you dropping out is you not getting what you want? Isn't that like quitting your job because you don't make what you want per hour and praying for income?

• praying isn't gonna help you here.
    trust me. stick in to as much education as you can.
    especially in america. you're basically fucked if you don't have a proper high school education

• Dropping out certainly won't help you with what you want to achieve.

• Stay in school. If you don't have the GPA you need to get into the colleges you want you can always go to a community college and get the best GPA you can and then transfer to the university you want.

• no. life'll be much harder.