How often do you feel old then?

like im only 20 years old but i feel like im at lest 35 years old at times

How often do you feel older then?
How often do you feel older then you are?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am turning 27 soon and sometimes I feel very old. For example when I see 16 or 17 year old teens asking questions on here and being totally naive (in a cute way) and I think to myself "crap... this was TEN years ago. That's more than half of these teenagers' lives!" Or sometimes I talk about my childhood and I sound like my grandparents "yeah, the good old days" and I think back to my time in elementary school and realize "this was TWENTY years ago! 20 years is like... a quarter of your whole life!"
    Sometimes I also feel old when I compare myself with people from other countries on this site, especially Americans. Because the university system works differently in my country and our studies tend to take much longer. I am still studying at University and I will be doing so until I'm 30 or so, while most Americans my age already work in a job. So that sometimes also makes me feel very old.
    But then again, I also love being silly and I'm a very playful person and sometimes I also feel like being 5. So that kind of compensates all the somber feelings again :-).

What Girls Said 14

• depends on whats goin on in my life, and how im surrounded by.
    but sometimes ifeel older than i am, too.

• Yeah, I feel old too. 20 is a fairly depressing age to get to. :( Every birthday will be a punch to the gut from now on.

• true plus there's nothing for me to do that i haven't already then

• @Red_Arrow Not everyone has the money to do all of those things. I can't remember the last holiday I've been on. My parents have never even been on a plane.

• I am the farthest one from having the money to do any of that. My trips to other countries were with the Navy. A trip to Disney World was a Make-A-Wish trip for my daughter. With the expenses of her cancers (yes plural) and taking care of her permanently disabled, then dealing with my wife's cancer then death, I have little money to do things with. Most people can do at least some of that with their income since they cont face the medical issues, and many others are able to travel at their company's expense. I don't expect anyone to do all of that, I just was pointing out that there are still many experiences available to enjoy.

• Sometimes I feel older. But then again somrtimes I feel younger too.

• Sometimes I feel old. I watch youtube videos of these young rich youtubers and I think, "what have i done with my life?" I see many GaGers are college students and I think, "damn, I was in college 10 years ago."

It's not too bad though. I am healthier and look better now than I did back then. My outlook on life is better. I still have carefree attitude :)

• I feel much younger then my age

• thats a weird question..

• I'm 35 and feel 20 most of the time ;)
    Honestly, it's just a number. Enjoy life while you can.

• You're only as old as the way you act, think and dress and I agree that it's just a number

• I agree @i_am_repulsive! :)

@red_arrow I feel more around 26ish... I don't want to be a teenager again lol

• Very well said @BelleGirl21. Age is only a number so it's important to enjoy life as much as possible. I certainly don't feel 34 ;-)

• I'm an old soul. And I have RA so my bones feel twice my age.

• After a 12 hr work day I feel old but most of that has to do with old injuries.

• I feel like I'm younger. :/

• I am 17 and I feel 40.

• Dude, I'm 17 and 1/2. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. xD

• I feel more mature, always have. I had accelerated learning and was constantly reading; I love learning new things. I was never really into things my friends were in to. I look young, people say 15 years old but I'm actually in my 20s.

Sometimes my body feels like it's in it's 50s after a very long work day. Other times I feel energetic and about my age. But my mentality is much older than 20s.

• Since i was 18 i felt old. Im 20 myself and my bday is in two weeks and im dreading life after this.. i envy the fact my neice is 11. it hurts my soul

What Guys Said 5

• I've never felt "old" in my life, regardless of where I'm at.

I really don't know why so many people think they're "old", especially teenagers and young adults. I still feel like a kid! For the most part, age is a state of mind. I think it's sad you feel old at just 20 years old. You more than likely have at least another 60 years to live. Life is too short, live it up instead of worrying about being "old" or feeling "old."

I feel like I'm ten years old sometimes lol.

• Plenty of times bro

• Im 19 and from all the shit I've done and been through i feel like an old man lol. I have energy and a high libido but i just feel like i already have a lot of bagage.

• Never I am still young lol.

• I feel like 45 !