If Martin Luther King were alive do you think people would actually hate him?

I feel that sometimes people just call him a hero because he is dead. If he were alive in this lifetime don't you think people would hate him as much they do Al Sharpton and other members of the New Black Panther or NAACP?

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they would. They hated him enough to kill him and still today, people hate Obama because he's black. When Obama opened his twitter account as a president, the first thing that happened was - instead of people congratulating him for being the first black president - he was covered in racist comments for several day. People called him the N-word and said it's a disgrace a black person has become president etc. Don't even think racism has become weaker since Martin Luther King died. If you look at all these police shootings and riots being beaten down by police forces that don't even look like police anymore but more like the army in Iraq... that's exactly what it looked like during the civil rights' movement. Nothing has changed. Sadly.

1|1
    0|0
    • Well said!

• Thank you :-). And I just realized: actually, one thing HAS changed. So many things have remained the way they were back then but the difference is, we don't have Martin Luther King anymore. We don't have his clear voice ringing from all over the south and all over the country anymore, telling people how crazy all the things are that are going on. And even as a white, atheist person I have to say: He's missed so much.

What Guys Said 3

• People would probably hate him because he wouldn't be standing aside while his people are killed every day, while the killer meets no consequence.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people probably would

0|0
    0|0
  • i think sharpton, black panters, and naacp would hate him

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• No I dont think so but there will always be racist people and what not to do the hating.

0|0
    0|0
  • They'd only hate him for being religious. Otherwise, no other reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably not.

0|0
    0|0