Do Africans not like African-Americans who move to Africa?

My family decided that we wanted to move to Libya so that we could be around our people and get to know our true culture. It'd be nice to be called just African instead of African-American :D The thing i'm worried about is that Africans who already live there won't think we're African enough to live near them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the Navy and have been to Mombassa Kenya and I can tell you the African Americans were not well received. The natives thought they were disrespectful and talked too much

What Guys Said 5

• Just show respect, they will show respect back.

• Lol might...
    I am from africa by the way.
    ANd ANd

• SOrry
      I am from africa and i won't have any problem with African-Americans ... by the way message me since you are anonymous.
      I N show you pictures here..
      In Cape Town...

And by the way they kids might tease you (depending on your age) about your accent...
      Because they are jealous of your accent and not used to it...
      I am pretty sure you going to learn the word "Braai" which is a verb or action where you are making food ready over the fire.

And we "braai" a lot..
      In South Africa...

But i dont think they will really care that you are African-American. But that only my opinion... oh and Not all Africans are black.. Like iam white.
      And dont expect to see us in huts and all that.

• I don't know tbh.
    You might be seen as too American.
    You might be accepted.
    Who knows..

• Why Libya?

• Many Africans who meet African Americans csnt understand their attitude or the chip most seem to carry on their shoulder.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think so..
    I've always wanted to visit a part of Africa too though. It doesn't feel right know that a lot of my ancestors originated there and I know nothing about it.

• Depends on your behavior if you act like a ghetto stereotype then no. If you act like you got sense then yes. There is a reason that Africans that come to America do not associate with many African Americans as well as a reason that they will be insulted if you called them African American.

• They'll like you. Just be pleasant. It doesn't matter who you are or where your from. Personally, all African people I have ever met have been nothing but pleasant.

• Some will, some won't. But I've heard that many Africans are peace loving people. :)