My 11 y. o. cousin attends pole dancing classe?

So yeah, my aunt thinks its good for her muscles and just good training, like kind of sport, also "theaches how to be gracious"😕
I see it 100% outta place. there are plenty of things a girl can do at her age, instead of learing pole dance. If she wants to be strong to do all that work out stuff on the pole, she could try gymnastics or something, but this... wtf.
What do you think, is it wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think children need to be children, not go into thinks associated with sexualization. I agree that polo dancing for her age is strange, and if you're really uncomfortable with it, you should talk to her mom about it. But if she's not harming her through that, than I don't see how you could stop her. But I think there should be some rules or restrictions for children since how they are raised can affect their future. But at the same time, children are also very smart so you could also just talk to your cousin about it and if she doesn't want it, than she should be able to make her own choice of what to do

• I won't get in there, because kinda not my business. but guys will look, and we know that guys won't think "oh she's so strong", they will think veeeeery different things...

What Guys Said 3

• Pole dancing is associated with stripping and stripping is associated with lack of self respect and dignity
    Your aunt is stupid, or rather has very little values

She should be attending ballet or gymnastics like you said, it will get her passionate and active about something beautiful and respectable

Where is your uncle? if i had a wife i would divorce her if she brought my daughter to one of those classes

• He's busy, important businessman. So he's not very aware of what classes kids attend. but my mom wants to talk to him about this,'cause its just wrong.

• it is wrong and someone should tell her father!!

• That's just wrong on many levels. That's like letting my 8 year old daughter have sex because "it's good cardio". It's fucking stupid.

If anything your cousin should be doing something more appropriate like ballet, ice skating, or gymnastics, not fucking pole dancing! -__-

• I am shocked

• She saw felix cane and wants to dance like her and her mom thinks its ok...

What Girls Said 6

• Well... People parent differently. I don't think she intends her daughter to be a future stripping pole dancer. But I personally wouldn't put my daughter in it. If she wanted her to be healthy and all that then yeah gymnastics or whatever. But hey to each his own I guess

• There is a HUGE difference between pole dancing and stripping and what not. There is nothing wrong with pole dancing. It doesn't have to be sexy it can easily be beautiful.

• Sometimes I think it's wrong that some people are allowed to breed, but that's just me.

• No its great exercise, I would not be a problem for me (if I had a child). It does not always have to do with stripping or be sexual.

http://youtu.be/r2-LS7aWOmA

Yes she can do other things but I thats what she enjoys.

• It's actually amazing for strengthening your core.
    It doesn't mean it will turn her into a stripper. It actually looks like a lot of fun.

• It's rather odd. o_0