How many years will he get for murder?

Someone I know was in a accident with 3 other people in the vehicle, the driver ran into a tree which caused all 4 of the people inside to have injuries. A few days later 1 of these passengers didn't make it, and they charged the driver with murder, due to the fact that alcohol was involved. They never said how long his sentence was, so does anyone know about how long he'll be in there. I know it differs from state to state but just a estimate on how long? He just turned 20

Most Helpful Guy

• That is manslaughter, not murder. There is a big difference. Murder implies malicious intent. In other words they would have to prove he purposely killed this person.

The punishment for manslaughter differs from state to state or even country for that matter, He could be in prison for 5 years if not more.

What Guys Said 5

• Probably a minimum of 3 years most likely no more than 20. I'm guessing 5-8 years depending on how hard the family of the victim comes after him with the charges and the judge's decision on what he thinks is a good sentence.

• That's not quite how it works; you have to wait for the sentencing and the actual degree of the charge.

• 5-10 years

• What a fucking idiot.
    I mean, If you drink and drive and kill yourself, you know, Thats your fucking fault.
    But when you drink and drive, And put other peoples lifes in danger and kill others, Then you're just a stupid cunt.
    Honestly, I hope he goes behind bars for a LONG time.

• I drink alcohol and I will. But I never ever drink alc. and drive. never.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CERT0xNFGo4

What Girls Said 1

• Depends on the country.