What would do you if you were the drunk driver responsible for a death or someone's disfigurement?

http://www.golaketravis.com/news.php?id=406

It's the story of a Venezuelian girl that got disfigured with burns over 60% and the one responsible was an 18 year-old HS student who had several beers. Ever since hearing that story years ago, I put myself on that poor girl's shoes and how her life forever changed.

But now I'll try putting myself on that guy's shoes who caused two deaths (the girl's friends) and her horrible disfigurement. If that you were the driver what would you do? What do you imagine your thoughts would be after learning what you did?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is where people can find forgiveness in turning to a new life in Chist. By confessing your mistakes to God and changing destructive habits forgiveness can be experienced.
    And though he's rightfully forgiven, he owes much to the disfigured girl in terms of love and support that she will need.

What Guys Said 8

• I know a guy who accidentally killed a child in a car accident. He was never the same afterwards. He was a star soccer player in our area and after that incident he lost his wife and his soccer. See him at the pub mostly. Very sad.

• Spend the rest of my life serving others. Killing yourself is too easy and cowardly. Living with the guilt and shame is a better retribution than killing yourself.

• I would probably never drink again and I would do whatever I could to try to make amends and atone for what I did.

• I'd live with it.

• I'd never drink first of all I don't drink, but I'd feel bad obviously and give her family money for the rest of my life I know money won't bring back their child, but its better than nothing.

• I'd probably give the girl and her family everything in my name and take my life. Couldn't live with the guilt

• I'd be close to suicide

• I would turn myself in or kill myself.

What Girls Said 2

• I think a lot of people in those situations end up becoming addicts or committing suicide because they can't live with the guilt.

• Most of em commits suicide few of em becomes drug addicts

• @subzero007 notice how I said "OR"? And most people who are addicts have suffered some kind of emotional trauma and they have sublimated their pain into a substance abuse problem.

• My bad didn't see that one coming and yes gotta agree with that :)

• I would commit suicide. I couldn't live knowing someone innocent died because of my mistakes