What do you hate the most about having Divorced/separated parents?

There's a lot of things, really, but i have to say it drives me mad how they sometimes think they have it worse compared to the kids, or they just don't realize your effected by it.

Most Helpful Guy

• well when i was a kid it was not seeing my dad often, i saw him only on weekends
    He passed away when i was 7

But my mother still says sometimes that he was horrible and this and that, or how i remind her of him...

I recently found out he was abusive... so that hurt... I don't know, i just wish he never died and that he treated my mother right, i was to little to realize whats going on...

sorry for venting on your question

• don't be sorry, I think sometimes we need to vent about stuff like this!
      Sorry to hear about your dad. My dad cheated on my mum, and I was a bit young to understand but know it hurts to know he did that, and chose some woman over us.
      I know it must have been hard but I hate it when my mum just says bad things about him, cause he'e still my dad, even if you don't like him, and I think parents should respect that.
      Anyway, sorry to hear about it, and don't be sorry for venting! its practically what the question is for!

• I totally understand you though, its hard to know what to think

• well i hope you stay strong and your parents realize that life ain't so bad

What Guys Said 2

• Their immaturity about who has it rough is probably the characteristic they both have that caused the divorce in the first place. I notice a lot of people that have had divorces are fairly immature and selfish people.

• Yeah it can be so annoying when they fight over such stupid stuff like their kids. Sometimes I feel like they feel like they always have to at least act like they hate each other because they feel they have too, even though they should make a better effort together.

• Travelling on a plane to see the other

• Yeah I understand you my dad lives in another country, I hate it, I went about 3 years without seeing him until last year.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm a divorced parent i'm really interested in what people say about this.

• Yeah don't take it the wrong way, sometimes I just wonder what people who have been in the same situation as me think

• thanks. i used to do that but have stopped

• Yes, I can understand that parents probably don't mean to do this, as they are going through a hard time, especially at the start

• The two people you love most aren't together