Is it stupid to start smoking due to a stressful job?

All of my coworkers smoke and they say it helps them relax. My job is very stressful and physically demanding. It pays an okay amount with decent hours. I seriously cry after every shift and i have been looking for a better job.

I have tried everything and nothing works. Is it a stupid idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not stupid. Lots of people smoke. Also Try vaping its cheaper and its less bad for you and you pick the nicotine level. Other things that help with stress are herbal tea, alcohol, marijuana , yoga , and meditation.

What Guys Said 6

• That's why i stopped smoking cause it made me have anxiety
    my cousin she smokes away and complains about not feeling good
    some of these stories people say about smoking make me laugh
    if they saw the people in my family, i loved loss their life's due to
    cigarette smoking they would think twice but people don't care ,

• it is unhealthy as f***

• Yes it's a very stupid idea

You'll just have to work harder to fuel your new smoking addiction, ever thought of that?

• Find another outlet other than drinking or smoking. Damaging your body does nothing for you. And if you do decide to smoke take weed over cigs.

• it´s allways stupid to start smoking in my opinion.

• Don't, just don't...

• That would be like taking speed because you drag ads a little at the end of the day

• Everybody who's never had an addiction doesn't understand that you don't "just stop doing it", it is goddamned hard...

What Girls Said 3

• It's not stupid, you're just trying to cope.

However, you know it isn't good for your health, so you should exhaust all other forms of stress relief before deciding to smoke.

Yoga, meditation, and mantras can help.

• Do not smoke. Instead listening to worship music or pray or go to church and get people to pray for you.

• I'm a smoker and i say don't start.