Height problems. Help?

There's this guy I really like he has an amazing personality, he supports me and treats me well the only problem is his height. I'm 5'2 and he's 5'6 which in my view he only looks 2 inches taller than me but I know he's 5'6 because he's taller than my mom whose 5'4 or 5'5. I'm used to dating guys around 5'11-6'2. I can come to an acceptance with his height but my main concern is finding shoes that won't make me taller than him. Any advice?

I would wear flats but in an occasion for lets say a party or prom... I'd like to wear shoes.

Most Helpful Guy

• tbh, i kinda fail to see the problem here. He's sounds tall enough

• Okay if he's in the street and I'm on the sidewalk I'm taller than him so he's not THAT tall of which I'm normally used to guys being incredibly tall.

• Tbh yes I do. It's not that I think less of him it just makes me feel insecure.

• well you've got to start thinking really hard about that... because he really can't change his height for you, even if he wanted to. if its really that big of an issue for you, you should do him a favour and call it quits honestly. Like you, he deserves someone who actually accepts him for who he is without reservations

What Guys Said 11

• You like this guy but won't be with him because of his height? How shallow. Wear flats. So what if you're taller

• I didn't say I wouldn't be with him for his height. He has an amazing personality and I accept him just the way he is I just need advice on wearing shoes for occasions and such.

• ''There's this guy I really like he has an amazing personality''
    A girl saying that ? Take that all you ''Nice guys finish last cunts'' xD

http://i.imgur.com/VSeViNY.gif

• Wear shoes than have 4 inch heels or less?

• LOL MANLETS !!!

Anyway, just don't date him. He's obviously not a good person or he would be taller. He's probably being punished with his height. Or you could always just take someone else to prom, I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Not that he could stop it either way though.

• First of all, why is this such an issue? What is wrong with looking taller than your boyfriend while wearing heels? The solution is simple: either don't wear heels, or stop caring about the fact that you might look a centimeter taller than your boyfriend. Who cares?

"Oh no, I'm half an inch taller than my boyfriend! Better break up!"

• If you were worried about his height, then why are you with him in the first place?

If he is such a great guy, why are you worried about his height?

• I'm just so used to having tall guys. I don't want to be at his height or taller when I wear shoes. And obviously I wouldn't give up a guy with an amazing personality for his height.

• You've already answered your own question. There is no issue here.

• Wear flats.

• It's not a big deal.

• eh... don't let some so insignificant ruin something real.

• I don't understand why guys keep thinking I won't give him a chance for his height.

• sorry for my assumption. but shallow personalities are common for girls who think every man she sees outta be brad pitt. in the future, i would advise picking better words. were he to read this, he would feel insecure.

• I find you deplorable.

• elevator shoes for the guy, though thats rather derogatory. How can normal shoes be a problem anyway? At a height of a little over 5'10, 5'8 guys reach my height when they are wearing shoes and I am wearing slippers and i pretty much tower over the 5'6 chaps. Also tbh, a difference of almost a foot looks very weird, beyond 4-5'', it seems more like a father-daughter thing.

What Girls Said 5

• Can you give up high heels? I used to wear dress shoes to work. They did NOT increase my height but they looked just as professional and as refined as a shoe you would wear to a banquet or party. Where dress shoes without wedges and see if that works out for you.

• He's so great.. But that's an issue.. Really?
    He's taller than you. That's kinda really shallow.
    Accept it or don't

• I really don't get what's problem here. He's way taller than you. Even if you wore 4 inches heels you'd still be the same height.

• i thought the same too lol, 4'' is like a hell lot of diff.

• @verticallyinsecure Right. I can't see myself wearing anything above 4 or 4.5 even if my boyfriend was 6'3 or something.

• It looks like a lot but it really isn't from a distance he looked shorter than me. And for a girl who dates 5'11 to 6'2 its not something I'm used to. I don't want to wear shoes that will make me his height or taller but I don't know where to find those shoes.

• Don't wear heels lol

• shoes, where any kind of shoes. you can slay in whatever shoes you want to wear tbh it doesn't matter if he's short I think it l depends on what you feel comfortable in, and if that's 10 inch heels then do it.