Are you ProLife or ProChoice?

I am ProLife because I don't believe a baby should be murdered because a couple of ditzy teenagers made a mistake.
your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I consider pro-life people to be rather stupid, ignorant and in denial.

So, a "couple of ditzy teenagers" made a mistake.
    So, because of that a baby is VERY likely to experience the following:

1.) Father leaving because he's not ready to be one.
    2.) Mom being unable to find another man due to her luggage, therefore a baby grows up in incomplete family without a father's figure.
    3.) Previous 2 reasons may turn mother into a bitch who's going to unleash her fury on a child.
    4.) Even if parents stay together, due to their age don't have a proper job yet, therefore they're unable to provide their child with an awesome childhood, some gadgets and whatnot that other kids have around him.
    5.) Child was unplanned and likely unwanted, something that subconsciously will sometimes aggravate parents for years to come and something that a child will surely feel.
    6.) Child requires a lot of attention and responsibility, that will likely prevent his parents from achieving dreams they wanted, which can crush them mentally and once again a child (as it grows up) can start to feel he's the cause of it.

And for all of that he has to say "thanks" to both his stupid parents and stupid prolifers.

• A lot of people will make it out stronger from that, and does everyone forget that adoption of an option?

• End up living miserable and unhappy lives. It just depends on your outlook on life. I don't think that justifies anyone making the decision to take the life of an innocent person which is what abortion is.

• @Homey14
      1.) And how do you expect to "improve that institution"? Do you honestly believe that's someone that is just getting paid for taking care of LOADS of kids can offer as good upbringing as parents that not only can focus their attention on a child alone, but also offer them genuine love?
      2.) Do you expect this institution to be improved over night? Or will it take decades? What about fate of those that will be raised while it's still shit? Their fate isn't that relevant to you, isn't it?
      3.) As I said before, being an unwanted child RAISES chances to have a miserable life, but doesn't guarantees that. There are dumb parents that keep the child etc, yes, there are also some nice stories here and there about kids being adopted, but in general those are rare stories.

Have you ever wondered how many of those in jail or dead due to suicide were orphans? Probably not.

Do you see ignorance and denial now?

What Guys Said 16

• I'm pro choice. It is bad for a child to be FORCED into this world, by parents who do not want him / her.

This would start a vicious cycle of social destruction that would get progressively worse every generation.

• Neither. I am AntiLife. Kill that fetus. The father is an imbecile and the mother is an imbecile, so why is that baby going to be anything different?
    We are overpopulating. We have enough morons walking the Earth, already.

• Developed countries (ie the US and Europe mainly) are the ones with access to abortions. They also have extremely stable birth rates and are not overpopulated. It's the developing world (Africa and parts of Asia) that are overpopulating, and these countries rarely have access to abortions.

• That's simply incorrect.

• So lets say it wasn't a couple of ditzy teenagers... Its just a couple who aren't looking to have a baby and are using a faulty condom unknowingly, she gets pregnant but doesn't realise that she has.
    Not a big deal ey they should have the baby. But wait, the woman has epilepsy and is taking aed's to stop seizures. However the aed's she's taking will cause numerous birth defects physical defects and brain damage to the baby.
    Just stopping medication isn't an option as the has no effect, the woman has to be off the medication for months before she gets pregnant otherwise the baby is still at risk.
    Life isn't simple.
    And i believe everyone should have a choice what they put their body through.

• Never argue with exceptions medical abortions are rare.

• I'm pro choice because making abortions illegal will just make backstreet abortion more prominent and that's more brutal than the death of a fetus, if you ask me.

• Whats wrong with that. Murder shouldn't be tolerated.

• "The punishment should be taken out on the one who committed the crime not the one who's created as a result of it" - The unborn foetus of a rapist is a product of a crime, a very horrific one. I don't think the child would want to live knowing that they're a product of rape. Knowing that they are a constant reminder of what happened to their mother. This kind of situation calls for abortion in my opinion. A life like that isn't worth living, therefore it is expendable.
      "They should have thought of that before they decided to sex it up" - What if the contraception that was used didn't work? What if someone is raped AND is in poverty? What if the father left during the pregnancy and now the mother is left with the child? What if the situation truly calls for an abortion. Would you tell them the same? That isn't fair.
      "Understandable but that's a minority of cases" - So, for children that become pregnant we just let them go to backstreet abortion clinics since they are a minority?

• Like I said, we are seeing things differently. I see human life as expendable and should greatly reduced in my opinion. Abolishing abortion would have a massive impact on overpopulation. This is why laws should be secular. Why should humans perish because Christians want to push their beliefs onto everyone else?

• I am pro choice

• Always pro-life.

• Pro Choice

• I'm pro choice because I don't think like a dictator that feels they can butt in to people's lives. There's no logical reason to be pro-life. Pro lifers are usually just brainwashed religious people or overly sensitive baby lovers.

• Funny. So protecting lives makes you a dictator?

• With your logic every time I waste my sperm I'm killing a potential human. Get a grip, provide empirical evidence of a soul.

Humans aren't a blastocyst, either. Read a book dude.

• The difference is that the sperm will be deposited out of the body anyway. It's only part of the genetic DNA of a human being, not an actual human. It's when the sperm from a man and an egg from a woman come together that it makes what is a human being. That combination is what every one of us it made of. It may be a human at its smallest form but it's still one nonetheless. On the soul issue, we all have a souls. They were given to us by God. Maybe you should try reading a book as well. It's called the Bible. If you have any book suggestions for me, I'd be happy to take a look at them.

• I do believe in pro-life, but there are some instances where it's hard to make that choice in the first place

• Pro life
    ///////////

• Honestly not sure.

• Pro choice !!! Everyone has the right to choose

• ProLife (filler)

• I am strictly pro-life. There honestly shouldn't be a choice to be made on whether or not a child should live or die. Life should be the only option.

• I am pro-life.

• Except in extreme cases, such as rape,
    I'm "pro-life" but I don't like letting my personal beliefs chose how others live,
    So I'm not sure I would be in favor of it IG outlawed

What Girls Said 18

• Is that the only reason?
    I'm pro choice because I don't think a rape victim should be forced to be reminded she was raped every time she looks at her stomach for 9 months plus her stomach AFTER pregnancy. I don't think she should have her vagina ripped open a second time for her rapists baby.
    I'm pro choice because I don't think a girl who is raped by her dad should be forced to give birth to her own brother.
    I'm pro choice because I don't think anyone should force a 15 year old to ruin her body
    I'm pro choice because I have bodily autonomy. I don't have to donate blood or organs just because someone else needs them to live. No one has the right to take something from my body, not even after I'm dead and not even using them anymore. If we treat a fetus as a fully functional human being, then they are in the group of people who has no right to take my organs (uterus, entire body) just so it can survive.
    I'm pro choice because birth control can fail and people MAKE MISTAKES. Forcing someone to go through. Pregnancy and birth should not be a punishment for having sex or being raped

• Pro choice.

- pro choice does not automatically mean pro death. It means pro choice
    - the earth is already battling overcrowding
    - some people are not meant to have children
    - rape
    - extreme birth defects
    - endangerment of mother
    - abandonment of mother by father
    - poor financial situations
    - difficulty of adoption process
    - unavailability of proper medical care
    - hostile uterus
    - drug additions
    - no support by family members
    - failure of proper birth control methods and the fact that she simply does not want children

• Pro choice allows killing of the innocent... so that's why people will always associate it with death.

• I am aware of what it allows. My mom is pro choice and yet here I am. Not every pro choice person chooses abortion.

• Chris, you kill the innocent everytime you ejaculate unless every single sperm of yours enters an egg.

• I'm pro-choice. Pro-life reaches beyond just young teens, it reaches to cases of rape, incest, etc. And that's not okay. I feel like saying pro-life is like saying pro-rape, or pro-incest. Not only that, but think of the effects on not only our economy but our resources. A surplus of babies, especially born to under-aged women, causes an increase in use of welfare which attacks the economy. Taking money from the economy is taking away our options to do something beneficial with the money, like building plants, helping farms, funding our education programs, and increasing sustainability.

• Pro life is saying pro rape and pro incest? Wow, now that is a good one.

• You can't be okay with the product of rape or incest being born and then state you're against it.

• I'm prochoice. If a drug addict gets pregnant and would refuse to stop using through the pregnancy an abortion would be better than her having a child with possible disabilities being dependent of her. Killing a fetus is easier for me to accept than neglect or abuse to a living, breathing child or infant.
    If a child is resented or unwanted it's best to abort. Too many people keep neglected children as simply a welfare check or a pawn to a relationship. Those poor kids have it worse than an aborted fetus.

• I am pro choice.

• Pro-choice and not all women who think about abortion is "a ditzy teenager who made a mistake" some were raped and you never know that and its not even anybody's business but the mother's so don't judge pregnant women especially the single mothers and underage pregnant teens and even though I am a Christian in the end it is their choice and I don't let my religion decide the fate of other people

• I'm Christian too... but this isn't about religion it's about the human rights of a new person who by no action of their own will die.

• most pro-lifers are driven by their religion and i will not let my religion cloud my judgement and if i was pro-life that is like shoving my religion down someones throat which i would never do

• and a women is going to have an abortion if she wants it badly enough and getting an abortion on the black market is not safe for her but having an abortion done by a trained doctor is so why not just make it legal. so the mothers are safe plus in 31 of the 50 states rapists can sue their victims for custody rights

• Pro choice, because we deserve rights.
    Plus, of its illegal, people will still abort, just dangerously.
    Not that I think I'd be able to get an abortion.. But, nobody should be forced to have a baby.

• You are right we ALL deserve rights. The child just as much as the father and mother!

• I'm not saying it should be used as birtch control or irresponsibly, but guess what? Birth control fails.. There's rape..
      And there's always irresponsible people.
      Should they get back alley ones, or go to a clinic? @ChrisNebraska

• ProChoice.

• I'm ProIDon'tCare.

• I'm Pro-Choice, and your defense is ignorant.

• Definitely pro-choice. Nobody has the right to choose what should I do with my OWN body. It's 2015 people! And there are always been aborts even when it was illegal but they were not safe and many women died.

• Pro-choice, because it is THEIR body and THEIR life. :))

• ... and the child's body and it's life... is that just something that gets in the way?

• A “right to life” is, at the end of the day, a right to not have somebody else’s will imposed upon your body. Do women not have this right as well? @chrisnebraska

• But didn't the woman have the right to choose whether or not she had sex, or used the many diffrent forms of birth control out there? Also are you for or against child support?

• I wouldn't get an abortion but I don't care if some other woman does

• i am pro-life. let the kid choose later. life is a precious gift.

• Pro-life as well.

• Pro life. One hundred percent.

• Pro-life all the way.

• It honestly depends on the situation. Because if a couple of ditzy teenagers can't take care of their child, that will lead to the child leading a life of misery. Poverty, abuse etc.