I got a scholarship to a reach school to play for a sport that I don't play anymore?

This private liberal arts school with 41k tuition and fees, a 53% acceptance rate, average of 3.6 high school gpa, sent me two letters saying that they believed that their college is the best fit for me because of my grades, and to play football. They are only division 3, but I haven't played football since I was a freshman in high school (im going to be a senior after this summer.)

I would want to join their basketball team instead. I'm not interested in football anymore. But it's only divison 3 so it's probably just like if I played in high school but kind of tougher. I am pretty athletic, and do meet their admission requirements

Do you think I should consider this offer?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just take whatever opportunities come your way.

What Girls Said 1

• Why not? you might find out that you enjoy playing it again :)

What Guys Said 3

• I'd accept the possibility. Once in there you might find a possibility to switch to the basketball team
    Consider if there are basketball oriented schools alternatives which suit you better.

• Definitely! You'd get a degree and pay them in football instead of money!

• Divison 3 aren't allowed to give athletic scholarships, but they can find ways around it and give me other kinds of scholarships. I still probably couldn't pay for it unless it was a full ride :(

• if you don't play any more i don't see the use in taking it and then feeling uninterested when the season starts.