Was Melisandre mostly a charlatan?(Spoilers)?

Yeah she used that shadow assassin baby, but besides that nothing she did really had any proof, and her stupid plans made King Stannis do something horrible, then cost him almost half his army, and then the rest were slaughtered by the Bolton's. So no one should take her seriously.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, and she was also a moron. Seriously, who burns an innocent girl alive, in front of her parents, when there's no damning evidence that Shireen's sacrifice would help Stannis win the war? Melisandre seduced Gendry and Jon and even hoped to get Davos on her side (of the bed, that is)... there were other ways to get what she wanted from them.

However, I will say that she must be onto something with her wretched Lord of Light because a) she's apparently exempt from dying after drinking poison and b) those guys Thoros and Beric Dondarrion have that whole rise-from-the-dead act perfected. The Hound mortally wounded Beric, yet he was alive minutes later. That's what makes me think there's gotta be some truth to their Lord.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• I never liked her, I always thought that Stannis should've listen to Davos and not her, at least he acted reasonably and his advices were good and fair. Stannis paid the price for following the Red Woman, a very high price. At least Brienne had her revenge.

• There are lots of examples of the lord of light's power being used (resurrection), she may have read the vision wrong, 'burning Bolton banners' can mean a lot of things.

• No she wasn't.