Do you think Stannis Baratheon died?

He is very much alive in book version. Also in the last episode of Game of Thrones season 5 Brienne is not specifically shown hitting him with her sword. He was one of my fav characters. I don't know why GoT writers deviated from the books and portrayed him as a monster who burned his own daughter alive.

Most Helpful Guy

• We didn't see him die, like we saw Jon Snow..
    Same goes for the Hound, we didn't see him die either.

• yes, even in case of snow George Martin has indicated that Jon Snow's death is not confirmed.

• My theory is that, yes.
      The red headed woman returned to Castle Black because the knew Jon's fate, but didn't tell him..

• Thanks for MHO bro!

What Girls Said 1

• I do not think he did.

What Guys Said 8

• Stop asking spoilers you fucking moron. I haven't caught up to Game of Thrones so go somewhere else with it idiot. Geez. This whole time, I've been trying my best to avoid reading spoilers and here on GAG out of nowhere, I had to read your fucking question title. At least add a warning for spoilers in your question title and then ask in your description.

• hey don't blame me you fool, it's been on the internet for the entire day

• and Jon Snow also gets stabbed by members of night's watch in the end :D FU

• I can easily picture that scene being the type where it turns out Brienne just stuck the sword in the tree instead.

• i don't think so. they didn't actually show him being killed, although i really don't see what could have possibly stopped brienne since she was mid swing when the scene cut away. but what about mel? she had him kill his daughter, and then his wife hangs herself and then she abandons him? something tells me she's been playing him like a fiddle all this time. i'm just wondering what her endgame plan is.

• A lot of deaths weren't shown I think to surprise people when one I them is alive. The guilt of losing his wife and daughter is too much of a juicy plot line to kill it that quickly.

• Yes, but that guilt would have explained his total surrender to Brienne. It was almost as if he was begging her to kill him.

• He was almost dead had no fight left and admitted to killing his brother. Therefore "do your duty"

• I don't know. To be honest I don't care so much. The 5th season sucked so bad.

• I am sure he didn't.

• i don't watch sissy shows, made for sissies...

• man the amount of trolls on this site is too damn high, then why are you commenting on the first place... but tbh even I'm not a big fan of the show, I just watch it for a few characters.

• If you do not like a particular show then why comment on and make threads about it? @Nathand

୧( ಠ Д ಠ )୨

• Maybe he's dead or maybe he's still alive. its hard to say for sure, my pakistani friend.