How do you know that you suffer from depression?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you can't get out of a thick smog of sadness and worry, no matter how hard you try. Like you can't find the good in things that are normally fun for you, you just sit around feeling shitty all day every day, for an extended period of time. I have mild depression and at times, it gets so bad I think of suicide. At those points, I talk to my best friend or my cousin. They know what to say.

• Great, great answer :) Take care man!

• I've gotten better over the years, but 7th-10th grade was the worst. Now I'm fine, but my lows are worse than before.

What Guys Said 6

• Lack of energy and motivation
    Constant self loathing
    Unhealthy eating patterns (over eating or starving yourself)
    Heightened anxiety

• If you lie in bed for at least a week watching old movies and cartoons thinking about mortality and the universe. Use pills. This is my area of expertise.

• depression is for wussies.

• if you're sad as f for a long time

• When it becomes an effort just doing general daily stuff or to get out of bed

What Girls Said 5

• You go see a doctor and get a professional diagnosis.

• You go to a therapist and you tell them when you are feeling and they will diagnose you

• You cry a lot. You don't' eat much. You don't sleep much. You feel isolated.

• When you have anxiety disorders or you think of self harm.

• When you're feeling sad for that just doesn't go away after a few days