What is the perfect age to marry and have children in your opinion?

As some of you might know I am continental European and I've found that people seem to want to marry and have children much later here than in the US or Canada. So - assuming you actually want to marry and have children some day - what is the perfect age for it in your opinion? And are there any pre-conditions for it in your opinion, such as having your own house/appartment, having a job etc?

P. s. Don't say it's different for everyone. I know that. I'm asking for YOUR opinion.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think the word "perfect" should ever be used but if I had to pick an ideal age to get married and have kids, I would say 35 years old, at least in my opinion AND the way my life is going.

By the time I'm 35, I'm hoping my sex drive decreases (it happens for most males, where as women get hornier in their 30's) and by this time, I will be a teacher (hopefully) for eleven years and I will have a more stable income, which means I can support a family easier. Also, I don't want my freedom to be restricted for at least another decade.

The problem with me, if I get married right now (and many other males in my age group), is I'm way too horny and I will be tempted to cheat on my wife. I need to have sex with multiple women before I can get married, I'll say at least ten or so. Also, I'm BARELY financially stable right now (I live paycheck to paycheck), so it would be difficult for me to help support a family. Plus, I enjoy having the little bit of freedom I DO have.

That's just my two-cents though.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 9

• For me, mid 20's and beyond. I got married 7 months ago at age 24 and he was a month away from turning 26. Being finished with school and having our career paths lined up first was important. As for children, same. Maybe even late 20's and beyond since you'll have had more time to find a good place to live and save up some money. Kids are not cheap and they're a huge commitment. My husband and I are not ready for kids yet and won't be for at least a year or so.

• 25-35.

My parents got married at the age of 19. Didnd't have my older sister till early 30's. So for 11yrs they just traveled and enjoyed time being together.

• For me personally, I would say after 25. I would want to be financially independent. Being a student, I still depend on my parents from time to time. So, that's in three years... 😨

• The perfect age to marry for me is anywhere between 23-25. The perfect age to have kids for me is anywhere between 23-30 as long as I'm married first and as long as its before 30

• I think 30 years old or little over is the perfect time for me to get married and have a child. By that time, I'll be fully done with my education and I'll have a job, hence, I'll be independent enough for marriage.

• girls 25 - 33
    guys 33 - 39

• Mid to late 20s

• Whatever age you're ready to support children with your money, your time, and your care.

• For me I think the perfect age for marriage would probably be around 30 and then have children before I'm 35... I do want to have a steady job and if i don't own my own house/apartment id at least like to know that i could in the future.

What Guys Said 10

• Mid to late twenties.

• Pre-condition to marry I would say is having dated at least three years.

• Mmmh... must've been a good time ;-)

• They didn't call it the roaring 20s for nothing sonny.

• For guys 28-32
    For girls 22-24

• I would say late 20s

• above 25 i believe

• 25 I'd say

• I read somewhere that when people get married young, it's less likely to last.

No risk of that for me.

• 28 is perfect age to marry and have 2 children till 30 years.

• 35 years old. That's the age you start getting tired of doing young stuff.

• Marry around 20, have children around 24.

• 18-24 or maybe 27