Is Central America a continent?

No it is not North America end with Beliza and then the rest is South America. There are only 7 continents can you name them? Damn the U. S. Edu system. The user of the question that spawned this blocked comments opposing his view that non Anlgophone countries could be part of North America.

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, that's exactly what I thought. Apparently, the US education system does not just a bad job at informing people, it also makes some of the misinformed people into terrible smartasses because I copied him a link from wikipedia (I could have also chosen the oxford encyclopedia if he had demanded something more credible, cuz they also say Mexico belongs to North America) but he insisted that Mexico is on the central American continent. That's like saying Alaska belong to Asia because it comes so close to eastern Russia. I wonder why people ask questions if they think they already know it better than anyone else anyway.

• I can understand not knowing Instanbul is the only city to be part of two continents. But Mexico is a HUGE country... 😒

What Guys Said 7

• In general terms no it isn't.

But people have a hard time clarifying continents and it's understandably why as the meaning itself us very vague.

A continent is a large body if land separated with water. If we go through that definition alone. Then Europe and Asia see not separated. Thus are the same continent. Africa isn't even separated and attaches on to Asia.

Places like Australia are classed as a continent abs a country by itself but the term is applied with generally an accepted statement.

• I seen this to Canada, usa, greenland. Made me laugh my balls off. Its like Sarah Palin was his geography teacher. Then he went on about anglo america being north america and Latin being south and central but if thats the case he loses greenland as they are danish not anglo. What he really ment to say is that north america is mostly whites only. He was never going to let facts get in the way of his opinion. After nearly 15 years of war he probably still can't find afganistan on a map.

• LMaO and then he blocked any further commentary on the matter. Whites only, not for long whites are about to be the minority so he better get used to it. LOL

Thanks for the response.

• Yes I can list them. North America, South America, Antarctica, Australia, Europe , Asia, Africa.

• It's a region

• You just answered your own question. Why ask it?

• N America, S America, Europe , Africa, Asia, Australia and Antarctica.

• i believe it should b

North/Central/South makes more sense in my opinion

• They're regions not continents. You're from the UK so no offense but I feel Ireland should be one on its owns as well. Doesn't that make more since. Ulster wtf?

• I feel a ulster should not exist. Ireland is a country and an island in unity. Get your hands off my body. LOL

• it'd b a nice question actually

What Girls Said 3

• Sadly it's not and is apart of north america which is stupid. It should be it's own but I guess people are to lazy to fix that, lol.

• The seven continents are North America, South America, Africa, Europe , Asia, Australia, and Antarctica. So in other words no.

• Land masses don't care about puny human concerns such as land borders!