Is it wrong to not get hired for a job because of this?

I just applied at Hollister and I went in for an interview last week. I am also a 19 year old girl and I got a call today from Holister saying that I didn't get the job because my interview skills were weak meanwhile, while I was being interviewed, I answered all of the questions the best that I can. I am very upset about this because my interview skills are fine and I deserve to have a job because I need to make money at my age. Is this considered discrimination if they don't hire me for this because I thought my interview skills are great and this happened to another job as well. Am I being discriminated by this job because they don't think my interview skills are not as good as their standards because I have great interview skills.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Its not discrimination. Take the advice they gave you and improve yourself. Finally, don't be so quick to try to blame your faults/problems/shortcomings on others. Take responsibility for your life, your actions and improve and I promise you'll do better next time!!

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not. They did you a HUGE FAVOUR by telling you why they would not hire you. Most people want the feedback because they want to improve their skills but nobody respects them or cares about them enough to help them understand why they can't find a job.

What Guys Said 4

• What you're saying is that the job is discriminating against people who don't have any skills.

The victim complex of society is just out of control. YOU'RE NOT BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. You probably don't have much job experience since you're only 19, but you don't DESERVE a job because you need money. No one owes you jack. You're logic is you should get a job because you tried your best. Ok, I deserve to be president because I tried my best on a politics exam.

Quit your whining and keep looking for a job.

• "I deserve to have a job because I need to make money at my age".

That doesn't follow.

• your interview skills probably aren't as good as you thought they are? loads of courses out there to help

• How was your body language, and attitude. You can answer the questions correctly but, if you don't have positive body language and showing enthusiasm, they won't hire you, trust me

What Girls Said 3

• no it is not discrimination you obviously did not answer the question in ways that they liked or approved of.

• I believe that's just an excuse!!

• They hire based on looks if your not the "pretty" their looking for or if you're "fat" don't fit in there clothes and if your not "cool" so if you don't meet their "standards" they won't hire you! It's stupid.