How much money do you normally give to a beggar?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always feel bad for those in need and I don't feel ashamed to try and help out

What Girls Said 11

• -nothing.
    -a few cents or a dollar at most.

There are so much people in NY posing as the homeless that I hardly ever give out money.
    When I do its very little.

A real homeless person would never refuse food.
    That is what I would give them.

• I like to give them food instead.

• Until they throw it back at you like that scene off of Scary Movie haha

• $5-$10 sometimes more and food sometimes with it. I personally don't care what they do with the money, they're homeless, their life sucks and i'm not going to get on my high horse about them buying a few beers with my money, it's judgmental to think that and so what if they do lol

• We don't have any that I've seen where I live

• A dollar to 5

• I don't give any to them. I don't support their drug/alcohol habit.

• Like the most I've given was $20

• We give them food.

• How much I want to give/How much they deserve.

• Maybe my change

• About 5 bucks.

What Guys Said 10

• I bought a homeless elderly man a meal and he thanked me
    and he ate it all and got him drink too i was at McDonald's
    i could tell he needed a meal and he might been a diabetic
    cause he kept running to the bathroom or he could of had
    some other type of illness and believe it or not i had a dream
    about it before it happened..

• I don't give them money. Like @Kris85 said, they don't need me to support their drug/alcohol habit. I'd rather know the good places set up in the city that aid these people day in and day out. Tyler Perry has an office at the United Way in Atlanta, and on Mondays, he'll go out to the park across the street and tell the homeless hanging out there that if they want to get off the streets, to come up to his office. He knows because he used to be homeless in that park. That's the kind of help that they need. Not my cash.

• Safehouse outreach in Atlanta is another great organization that works to serve the needs of the homeless. They help them get into programs, give them a mailbox, and try to help them find jobs.

• A dolla make you holla Honey BooBoo Child!!!

• All the extra money that I have, last time I gave a beggar was 2 weeks ago I think, I wasn't holding money, but I gave him food that I had with me, and my friend gave him 2 dollars.

• About $3 bucks everytime I see them

• No specific amount, sometimes I don't give them money at all but take them to get something to eat.

• Whatever I have lying around in my pocket. We have quite a few London.

• A dollar or 2

• Maybe a dollar or two

• If I can, I will give some loose change but even that is tough for me. I had to make sure I could get home, so that I wasn't at east 2nd street and Ontario, 11 o clock at night... not a good idea