Why do so many Europeans and Russians move to N. America to join the NHL? Isn't their leagues in their country?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.) Salary. Generally NHL throws away more money on players, something that I tend to find rather amusing: I honestly don't really understand why exactly sports players are getting paid insane amount of money.
    2.) Competition. Generally Canada is considered to be a "birthplace" of hockey (don't know if it's true or not) and over the decades we've been the toughest competition for them and they've been toughest competition for us. While I truly respect Canadian hockey players as competitors, every time when I watch hockey I want our players to crush Canadians :)
    When constantly playing versus one of the best, you tend to improve.
    3.) Brand. NHL is quite old and well-established. It's rather hard for new leagues to compete with something that is decades old in terms of popularity. They aren't necessarily worse (and quite possibly are even better than NHL), they are just yet to get a wide recognition.

What Girls Said 1

• they get paid more or they have more chance there?

What Guys Said 7

• Is this Don Cherry?😂

The NHL is the world's highest level of competition, so it's the ultimate goal for hockey players worldwide. I wish they'd play a little tougher, fuck that soft finesse-y shit, haha. Bang around in the corners!

• More money in NHL

• Perhaps they're better paid in North America.

• Just like Europe has the Association Football's top big league.. N. America has the big top league in Hockey, or Ice hockey.

• The pay is probably better in American pro sports

• Money, bro.

• Russian girl gotten fucked