The Monochrome Set were a new-wave/indie-pop band active in da 1st half of da 80s. From wot I see they didn’t have any particular hit, so they were a cult band mostly. All their albums were nice in my opinion, wid my fav being “The Lost Weekend”.
Many people don’t know dat 90s popular Brit-pop/Alternative-rock band Pulp, x-isted during da 80s releasing 2 albums back then. Their album “It” was an indie-pop album similar wid other Indie-bands from dat era like Pale Fountains or Lotus Eaters. Their 2nd album "Freaks" was more “gothic rock”. This syle didn’t suit ‘em in my opinion, and probably that’s y they didn’t become successful back then. Their 90s works were much superior obviously.
The Armoury Show were an 1-album band, releasing an album called “Waiting For The Floods”. Very good.
- Strange Boutique (The Monochrome Set)Vote A
- Love Zombies (The Monochrome Set)Vote B
- Eligible Bachelors (The Monochrome Set)Vote C
- The Lost Weekend (The Monochrome Set)Vote D
- It (Pulp)Vote E
- Freaks (Pulp)Vote F
- Waithing For The Floods (The Armoury Show)Vote G