Is it bad to be unsure of my religion?

Lately I've been asking myself questions about what happens after I die. I've personally come to accept the fact that there IS something that comes afterwords and I like to think its something good if your a good person and bad if your a bad person.

But it I don't pray, I don't go to church, I'm not afraid to swear like a sailor, and I don't have anything against relations with someone before marriage.

But I have this idea that there is a god, but it's not like he guides my life. I think he wants me to live out my life how I want to live it. Not how others tell me how to. I don't know of any religion like this, and I'm winding if that's a bad thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, you're a perfectly normal human being :)
    A lot of people will say that, except for the real strong religious people..

But we're all children of God so, he shaped us to his image, he accepts us for who we are. Just don't go hurt people and all's good

• The thing that I believe in is
      Treat the others like you want to be treated
      The things you give, you will get back

• thats not always the case just because your nice to someone doesn't mean you get that back

• Heh humans are messed up

But I bet that life will be so much brighter than when you're mean to everyone

What Girls Said 3

• I think it is great to question religion. You are given a brain. To use it. Blindly believing in such a thing is so dangerous.
    What is important is how you survive this.
    God does not tell anything. We just interpret as how we see.
    You are free as a bird. Really. You can do whatever you want. God does not need anything. Your acceptance or not. Does it change anything for God? No.
    You are doing everything for yourself. It is your responsibility to live this or that. You are living your life as a result of your actions. There is nothing related with God.

• Well then I guess you have to be one of those born again people. I mean if you don't do what the bible says then I assume you don't go to heaven so I guess start doing what it says.

I don't actually really know about this stud but that just makes sense

• you sound confused about God my God the one of the Bible and Christianity is a Loving, compassionate, forgiving, and awesome God in the bible yes there are guidelines for our lives but they are there for a good reason he has a good plan for you life and wants you to do the right thing but if your selfish and unwavering in your sin and unwilling to do the right thing I can't help but I know that religion sets rules and Jesus sets free. I hope you can see the right path to go

• so I guess what im trying to say is its not bad to be unsure but at some point you have to make a choice :)

• @asker

Then you're going to hell because this guy in the bible is ok with incest, murder, genocide, and slavery as long as it's in his name, but if you touch yourself or don't worship him you're gonna suffer for all eternity.

• well you can still not go to church and believe In Jesus Christ and God and you can read your bible but the church was formed so that believers could have fellowship with one another

What Guys Said 8

• I personally like the religion of having no religion. Just believe whatever you want. Although the most tangible thing that could happen to us at death is shutting off like a computer and never turning back on again, all consciousness and all perception lost. A final end. You are defined by your brain, after all. If your brain dies, what remains of you? Nothing.

• I was born a catholic and became unsure of it in my teens ending up leaving it.

• No its normal. Its called a crises of faith. Their are many religions on this planet, and if yours no longer works for you its fine. Each person must find their god in their own way.

• Well it's not that, I just didn't exactly have one. I mean my family brought me and my brother to church on a few occasions when we where like five but not once since then.

• We all go through stages of confusion and wonder when it comes to life after death, I've always wanted there to be something, but the family I grew up with were largely cynical about these things and so i'm not religious in the slightest. Still, that doesn't stop me from wondering from time to time.

• nope not bad. no one can tell you how you must believe in something. you may not believe in some things but still want or need his guidance. I had this phase a few months ago and I decided that I believed more in science... so im an atheist now..

• Well I believe in science and facts as well, but I think that there is someone up there who is just watching us. Kinda like us being a experiment in a way I guess.

• i too like thinking that there might be something magical.. be it god or a universe power or whatever. but since im not 101% sure of its existence and till i make it sure I will stick to the logic explanations. but as I said you have every right to believe in anything you want and however you want

• No, it's good to be critical and think for yourself.

• Sounds fine to me. You want to be a good person. More power to you.

• That's quite bad.

• I want to take your comment seriously, but your user name is Not_Helping. So serious? Or just trolling?

• Oh no! It helps! I just thought you were joking because of your screen name. Like you say the opposite of what you mean because that's your title.

• That would make sense.