Ever felt like you were dating just to date?

You ever dated someone who you had little to no physical attraction to because you weren't having much luck with others or the others were initially attracted but just bailed?

I have once or twice and it was pretty pointless and didn't make me happier. For example, the last one I dated 5-6 months ago, there were a few others who I talked to who ended up flaking and ignoring me out of nowhere so I gave this other girl a shot. Her pictures were decent but when I met her in person, she was a lot fatter. I had no issue with her personality or anything but I just couldn't force myself to be physically attracted to her. She was cool and everything and she liked me, but I wasn't gonna tell her that I didn't find her physically attractive. I kinda screwed up because I could have told her I just wanted to be friends. I didn't ignore her but I didn't really reach out to her hoping she'd get the hint and that just made her want me more.

I wasn't trying to lead her on by any means but I seriously don't get why some girls take misleading pictures that hide their weight and other features. If you're gonna meet someone in person, you might as well be up front about it. I mean I'm not fat shaming because there have been some girls I liked that were a little fat but they didn't hide it.

Overall, you shouldn't date just for the sake of having a date. You're better off waiting until you find someone you like. And the girl doesn't have to be knockout beautiful but at least somewhat physical attractive just like how an attractive girl has to have some things in common but not everything in common. Its like if a girl is mentally attractive but not physically attractive then it won't work out just like how a girl who's physically attractive but has a bad personality or nothing in common wouldn't work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do like to wine and dime a girl from time to time, its kinda fun.

• Doesn't it feel like a waste of time and money though?

• There's a difference between looking your best and flat out misrepresenting yourself.

• its all good. sometimes we just can't be anything but nice lol.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes. And that's why we broke up.

• Yes. No one wants to be alone. Someone is Better then no one right?

• Not exactly. If you have no feelings for the person then what difference does it make? That's dating for the wrong reason

What Guys Said 3

• I never dated someone just for the sake of it - I would want to feel some connection.

• Right, you gotta have a little bit of ohysical attraction and some common interests. They can't be unattractive but have lots of common interests as well as being very attractive but nothing in common.

• Physical*

• Yeah I have once. Was only one date though.

• i haven't been on a date in over 5 years.