What to do about his horrendous breath?

A gorgeous man, well dressed, educated, kind, thoughtful, generous, great dancer, good at sport. All the things I really like and admire in a man.

He's a dreamboat but his breath is horrendous. I really want to get to know him better but his breath literally melts my face. I keep turning down his date requests because I can't face pulling away from him all night.

What to do? Suggestions please?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hydrogen Peroxide gargle.

Helps to destroy Halitosis, one of the most powerful mouthwash you can use.

What Guys Said 10

• Damn, proof that there is always SOMETHING wrong with someone lol

I think you should offer him gum the next time he's all in your face, but have gum yourself as well so he wouldn't get suspicious

• Nightmare - I don't know - that would be a dealbreaker for me

• Suck it up and tell him. I mean, he probably doesn't know. Pull him aside, smile, offer him some gum, and say; bro, you're sweet, but your breath isn't. He might get offended. He might not. I once met a girl at a mall, invited her to eat lunch with me at the food court then noticed her booger. Oh ya! I said, hey... your nose... and handed her a napkin. She wiped, smiled shyly, and said that anyone else would have let her look like an idiot. Good luck.

• Send him a very frank and obviously polite note ANONYMOUSLY, Sign a fictitious name and mail it from a different postal code.

• Depends on the cause.

• You offer him a breath mint and if he refuses you say "No I really think you should take this." :)

• Tell him to close his eyes and open his mouth, then chuck a mint in there.

• well i actually know this from my parents. a healthy diet can do the trick.

• well you can't really tell him to brush his teeth but whenever you're around him, pop a mint and give him one to. Keep insisting. He won't deny.

• Give him a really, really powerful mint. And slip a note to him (wihout him knowing the sender of course) to tell him be needs to brush his teeth more thoroughly. He'll get the message.

What Girls Said 4

• Take some gum with you anf offer him a piece when you see him. He'll get the hint probably... The casually ask if he has a sinus problem, when he had his last dentist appointment and if he might suffer from post nasal drip due to allergies.

• Offer him gum or a mint when talking.

• Take mints with you and get them out and offer him mints throughout the date.

• My friend was in the same situation, they went to a bar after dinner, she offered him gum as she had one but he declined. She then told him she wanted to order for them and pay, once again he declined. She then said "alright. You get to choose what I'll drink and I'll get to choose what you will have." He laughed and accepted and she orders a fisherman shot. After they get their beverages he asks her if she's trying to get him drunk, she sips on her drink and flirtatiously says maybe. They have been together for three years now and can laugh about the whole thing.
    Don't pass over a guy like that, they don't grow on trees. You can always fix a bad breath. :)