Am I alone on this?

When I'm wating infront of a bus stop, somtimes I feel like jumping infront of the one passing by. I'm not suicido or anything!

- lmfao T_T

• Kinda-
  • -No...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I used to be very depressed (I'm not so much any more) and I'd do this even when I didn't actually want to kill myself. I'd just think about it. And when would stand next to a bus stop I'd think about jumping in front of the bus. But I'd always come up with the same conclusion; the bus will be slowing down for the stop so it would just really hurt, almost certainly not kill me.
    So I kind of made a game out of it. Like, I'd wait for a car or truck or w/e to come by and I'd sort of guess based on size and speed of the vehicle 1) how effective it would be at killing me and 2) how big a mess I'd make on the road. lol... I was kind of a dark kid.

What Girls Said 5

• That is actually natural... Or at least that's what my English teacher told us.

• That's completely normal.

• Never had thoughts like that myself.

• I never felt like jumping in front of one, but I always wondered like... how far would I fly at that speed if it happened?

• No my cousin think about doing that too and he's okay

What Guys Said 9

• Haha, I'm the same, At work, We have like 14-35 Ton Diggers, And, Sometimes ill just look and think, 'I wonder what will happen if i lied down infront of that things tracks'.

Though, if i were to commit suicide, I think i would rather do it via carbon monoxide poisoning or some shit ;P, I've put a lot of thought into that one :)

• I know the feeling - I have it sometimes

• Kinda, but I have a history of suicidal thinking.

To be honest I think most people have such passing thoughts not even because they're actually suicidal but because they're imaging "what if..." situations. Do you know what I mean?

Fleeting thoughts are alright. But if the thoughts become an obsession, even a desire, then you should seek help plain and simple.

• I have thought about it. I can't remember what it's called, but there is a medical reason for it. You're not suicidal but you still have that feeling. The same things happens to a lot of people when they are on the edge of a high up place

• Even I get those urges... at the metro stations... its weird... very weird.. its like u start thinking of life as a game... are u a gamer too?

• yes me too 2

• It is normal.

Also if you are on a high building, the tought of jumping will cone across your mind.

• Sounds like boredom. What would happen if I did this? Ah ya that would hurt nevermind. XD

• Weird but sometimes I wonder what would happen