After watching the last game of thrones, do you think melisandre was playing stannis like a fiddle all this time?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the only time he ever may have been really played was in that final episode. Looking at Stannis I think even with Melisandre out of the picture it wouldn't have changed anything except that finale. Stannis (is/was) probably the best tactician challenging for the throne and was clearly wanted the power so everything up to the finale he could have accomplished and done the same way without her. The only time he would have been played was in killing his daughter, which he was always against since he was really the only one besides Davos who cared for her.

After that, once he found his men deserted and wife killed herself I think he just wanted to die. Lets face it, anyone should have known how being outnumber like 3-1, plus them mounted on horseback, would end

What Girls Said 1

• She absolutely was! I hope that bitch gets skinned - after she saves Jon, of course.

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah I think so, she was trying to convert the new king of westeros to the red god, she didn't believe he was really Azor aha I but wanted to him to think so that he would do what she wanted him too

• then why do you think she lead him to believe he was the son of fire? that's what im wondering

• no, i mean what do you think she gets out of making him think he was some legendary hero and getting him to burn shireen?

• Kings blood and the chance to unite a nation under the red god to chat the white walkers, everything she does is to make the fight aganist the white walkers winnable, that is her only motive and nothing will stand in her way

• Yes! Men in GoT tend to be easily persuaded with sex and she was clearly manipulating him.

• No I don't.

• I didn't get that impression. what would her motive be? she didn't get anything out of it.

• well thats what is yet to be revealed, isn't it? we don't know what her grand plan is. why would she get him to sacrifice his daughter, and then abandon him?