I'm 13 and I want a Facebook account. Is 13 the right age for Facebook?

Ok so I guess I wanna ask this. I'm 13 and I want a Facebook do you think 13 is the right age or not?

Most of my friends have one too

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it's a good idea. The age 13 is a critical age for developing social skills and self-esteem. Social media and 'networking' websites can cripple someone's social skills, self-esteem, and ability to have a legitimate, reliable social network. People commonly get too caught up in adding value to likes, trying to gain followers, interacting more with a white screen than human counterparts. Considering you're a young girl, your self-esteem is most likely not a very solid thing and seeing pretty girls on Facebook may make your sense of worth dissipate.

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah. Me and my best friend were the first people we knew to have Facebook, and that was in 7th grade, when we were 12.

• You need to watch your self on Facebook at age 13 and
    you need to set your Facebook with strict privacy settings
    and if you think picking up boys on there is wise choice
    well it's the wrong idea but do use good judgement.

• I don't think many of your friends will have facebook yet at 13, so I'd say it probably isn't the right age, but it's not a problem or anything.

• Just be careful that is the main thing

• The right age is whatever your parents say it is. Nobody knows you better than they do

• Yea sure I was 12 when I got a MySpace lol

• I think that if your parents are OK with it, it should be fine. Just know that there are some creepy people out there of both sexes

• Yes, it is a right age.

What Girls Said 4

• it's not really right or wrong, but i do find it pointless. I'm 20 and dont have it because i think it's useless.

• If you can be on GAG at 13, I'm pretty sure you can use Facebook at 13. xD

• you're 13?

• Why do you ask that

• it's the right age to use it. I was only wondering because you got a different age set on GAG

• Oh i dont remember setting my age when i got a gag

• My cousins thought I should have facebook, so they setted it up for me at age 10