Has anyone ever snapped at their boss? I did today?

Today my boss was being really rude. I'm so fucking sick of her trying to place the blame on other people, including me, for things we didn't do. She's an okay person - can be really generous. But she's unhappy/stressed and it causes her to be irritable as fuck.

Today she was doing her huffing and puffing bullshit until I interrupted her and sharply told her that I wasn't responsible for what she was complaining about. Admittedly it came out as really annoyed and it probably didn't look that great. A look of shock crossed her face and she quickly said "ok"and walked away.

But you know what? I don't give a fuck. I'm sick of people acting like theyre better than other people just because they were good ass-kissers and got higher in corporate. I'm just as much of a human as she is and I deserve to be treated with respect regardless of how shitty her day is or how high her position is. Anyone that sacrifices self-respect so they can continue sucking up to their boss is pathetic.

Was/am I in the wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't work yet but I have had my moments with teachers (I should maybe add that teachers are more respected people in my country than in the US, I know this because I've also attended a US high school).
    Back in high school I had a gym teacher who was one of the most terrible people I met in my whole life. I had him as my teacher for 4 years. The problem was that I have a very strong visual disability. I am almost blind on both eyes. However, this teacher simply didn't believe me. I told him that I can't participate in Gym class because it's too dangerous for me and there are a lot of things that my private eye doctor and also the ones in the hospital where I have to go regularly explicitly told me I must not do (such as doing push ups for example). He didn't believe me and claimed that I was only pretending stuff and called me lazy and stupid for trying to sneak my way out of mandatory classes. I felt very hurt of course, so I went to my eye doctor and told him to write a letter and sign it, so my gym teacher would believe it. However, when I gave the letter to my teacher, he just laughed at me and said something mean again. He said that he knows better what's right for me than my eye doctor because he actually knows something about working out (he also taught biology and was thus especially cocky about the whole issue, claiming that he knows more about eyes than my doctor).
    I felt extremely discriminated because of my disability. Believe me, I would love to do normal work outs sometimes, I would LOVE to play soccer with other guys... I just can't. So at that point I kind of lost and started screaming at him like crazy. He was also very pissed and started screaming too. I don't remember how the whole thing ended but I just remember him and me standing their in the gym room and screaming at each other like insane people and everyone else standing around us and making a very awkward face. But honestly, I don't think I was sacrificing my self-respect. I'm glad I did that.

A few years later, when I was already in university, I encountered a similar situation. One of my professors was also being extremely mean because of my eyes. For example he said "are you just blind or also stupid?" and "I wonder how people like you are even admitted to come here". First, I almost started crying but then I looked at him firmly and said "This is pointless. I'm not gonna take more of your disrespect". I walked out of his office, he failed me and I never had to see him again

What Guys Said 5

• Kudos to you... It may not make any brownie point in butt kissing class , but by gosh you got the teachers attention. I had to blow my top on a boss last year for much the same piss pore attitude you spoke of to the point we were both yelling at each other. He screamed at me YOUR FIRED I alighted and said that's the nicest thing you have said to me in a week , his jaw popes open and his lip twitched and he said what do you mean by that ; I said it's the only thing you have yelled about in two weeks that actually made me feel better. I grabbed my lunch box and headed toward the door and he chased me to my car and told me that he was out of line and rehired me with a raise. Some times just a fraction of bucking the system is indeed in order.

• I like never ever talked to the store manager at the grocery store I used to work at. But the head clerks, my supervisors, were all pretty chill, so I was a smartass to them kind of a lot.
    I never really snapped at them...

I think I only snapped once at work, because some customer lady was being an insulting CUNT to me, so I just stopped bagging and walked away into the timeclock room.

• Worked a security job once. The higher ups sat in comfy office chairs most of the day and dident really understand how it was dealing with the public day in and day out.

One day I got a complaint and reprimand for being to abrasive. Later that day the same boss asked me to walk outside with him while he told a group of drunks to leave the property. I replied "I don't know Sir, I wouldn't want to be too abrasive."

• Once my boss said to me "You don't have anything in writing, so it doesn't count." I saw red and told him if I he ever said that to me again, I'd pound him out. He got really nervous and said I should "calm down." Amazingly, he didn't fire me.

• people can only put up with so much shit before they snap, I am waiting for the day when I snap at a costumer at Walmart

What Girls Said 2

• Nope. After all that bullshit, you have the right to be pissy and show it. Just know when to stop...

• i never have.