How does US people behave with foreign people?

• Polite
  • Rude

Most Helpful Girl

• I married a man from Egypt and had traveled out to meet up and we ended up tying the knot at the Ministry of Justice in Cairo. I prefer foreign men, opposed to US guys, and have no problem in being Anything but Polite.
    However, in being married to anyone, even if it would be someone from your own country, when you are married to a foreigner, you have to put them in their place sometimes and be anything but... Polite.
    On a more serious note here, dear, I always treat people from other countries with respect and Expect the same in return. I find that many people are very prejudice and especially to the Non radical Muslims because many feel look at them as Terrorists. xx

• I agree. I dated this chick from Zimbabwe for a year. Had to put her in her place many times.

• lol.. Yes, @Figleaf, they do tend to "Think who you are.":)) xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to Share and... Dare.:)) xxoo

What Girls Said 7

• Most Americans I've known or come in to contact with are very nice, but when the rude ones come out - WOW, they can just be horrible. Arrogant, rude, self-entitled, and shall I say stupid? -- as if they forget they are in another country and sort of at our mercy to help them along if they are in trouble. I also don't like how they treat foreign people as novelties. They tease Canadians and say, "Say eh! Say eh!" as if they're trained monkeys, just wanting a laugh. They make the British say certain words only to repeat them back in their accents as if people are all just there for their entertainment.

But before too many Americans get upset with me about this, just know I'm talking about the rude ones who really don't represent your country well. The rest of you have been fine.

• I think most of us are nice. Of course there's going to be haters but there's still good people :)

• I don't think it differs that much from the rest

• for myself I'd be polite as I am with everyone. but generally you'll get a taste of both

• I'd say a little bit of both. Which race do you mean by "foreign"?

• From what I've seen mostly polite. There have been some rude instances, though.

• It depends which other nation you're comparing them to and which race you mean with 'foreign'

• Asian

• Yeah !

• Only to light skinned people.

What Guys Said 13

• Depends on where you are... Most city people or those who travel abroad such as my self love meeting people from other places. People out in the country and south tend to be a bit more close to home shall we say. But that is a generalization and not always true! but the stereotype of americans not liking others tends to be those groups more often than not!

• Really? Usually the stereotype is the other way around. City people tend to be closed off dicks.

• It's a pretty known thing. That's the problem with cities. They are surrounded by people all of the time and are over it. Not saying some aren't nice, but they are more closed off to a random person they are passing on the street than a small town person would be. There is good and bad with that. You don't always want a banal conversation when you're on the way to whatever.

• @Endeavor ah we were talking about different kinds of kindness. I suppose I meant more acceptance of those unlike ourselves being more prevalent in cities, but you are right, small town people are kinder and care giving on a day to day basis!

• im chill as with them.

• Its a bit of both, they are very rude and there's some who are welcoming and friendly as if you're one of them.

• I would say a little bit of both. There are some people who are bigoted and who are mean others that are tolerant. Depends on the person and the situation

• It depends.
    Whenever I'm there, no one suspects that I'm foreign, I don't look foreign and I don't have a foreign accent either. They're very surprised when I tell people that I'm German.
    But they're usually like " Yeah, I'm German too ! Awesome ! " And then I tell them that I actually am from Germany. lol.
    I think Western Europeans are far more welcome than Latinos or Orientals, etc.

• Well considering so many of us are the children of immigrants, you will find them polite.

• I've been told by people who visited here from Germany, Turkey, and Japan that Americans are more polite than they were used to. People such as store clerks will just sit and chat with you. These are all people who visited the Midwest, mind you - I can't speak for what your experience would be in one of the big cities out on the coasts, I'm sure it wouldn't be much different, but people living there tend to have a negative or stereotypical view of us rubes out here in "flyover country" and aren't shy about giving people such as yourself a bad impression of us. It stems mostly from political differences.

• I never had any problems with an American

• Mostly polite I think

• Americans are very nice.

• Foreigners coming into the US? or an American visiting a foreign country?

• Foreigners coming into the US

• That would depend on the foreigner then. If they were Middle eastern they might have a hard time.

• I experienced rudeness and politeness. The rude ones are really fucking rude and the polite ones are really fucking polite! lol

• It depends on the person. Some people are douchey to everyone regardless of where the other person is from.
    Plenty of people from other countries don't like Americans very much so they could be rude and get the same thing in return.