Do you prefer car camping or backpacking?

For you foreign folk, I am talking about camping in the woods in tents. Caravanning...

• Car camping
  • Backpacking
Car camping= campgrounds

Most Helpful Guy

• I love camping. backpacking is cool especially when it leads to camping. If I'm traveling though I don't like backpacking as much

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Backpacking for me but in hotels not hostels LoL

• Whatever one I can shoot guns at.. In Ohio, the Cardinal center, there's camping but its for the mile of trap fields and 2 sporting clays courses and not for the camping

• Car camping

• I have only ever camped in a tent next to the car. I guess that is what you mean by car camping. I did that twice and hated it both times. I don't see how backpacking would be any better.

• I'm talking about a campground site when I say car camping

• Yes, that is what we did. It was awful. My parents had no idea what they were doing. My mom took us and didn't even think to bring any blankets so I froze all night. We got locked in the camp grounds so we couldn't even leave until morning.

My dad took me on the hottest day of the year, so I just sat in the shade a and sweat until he became so hot and miserable himself, that he decided we were packing up and going home. We couldn't even swim or anything to keep cool because the river was flooded.

It might not be as bad if someone knew what they were doing and properly prepared and chose good times to go camping, but as it is I don't think I will ever give camping another try.

• Sounds like you had a bad experience that traumatized you a lot from doing camping. Maybe rethinking and doing it with someone more prepared and goes when conditions are good.