Why do doctors leave the room when you change? They're going to see you without your clothes on anyway?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because at least I don't have to see them see me naked lol.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm a nurse. I know how embarrassing it can be for my patients to allow me to examine their bodies, especially their most intimate parts. I want them to feel the least discomfort possible. I allow my patients to change in private, and when I do my examinations, I only expose the area that I need to examine. For many people, having only a portion of their body exposed is less embarrassing and uncomfortable than having their entire body exposed (which tends to make people feel even more vulnerable). I think for some patients, having that alone time to get ready also allows them to mentally prepare for the examination.

• To give the patient privacy.
    Even when they check you they never completely expose you.
    It's not professional if they do.

• Cause that's the polite thing to do. If they didn't, it'd be kind of like striptease.

• Your doctors have seen you naked? Mine never has

• well yeah once or twice... but not usually... i remember one time they did when i had full body cramps... the other time id just been around the age when puberty starts

• 'Cause they're not interested to see someone naked?

What Guys Said 6

• it'd be awkward as fuck if they're just standing there and NOT examining you for the intended purpose lol.

• yeah but they are still gunna see u naked... then when they leave u have to wait cuz they dont know if ur done but u may be done

• I just tell them to come back in.

• That always made me laugh too

• They are trying to make you feel comfortable.

• Depends what you are getting checked. If it is something only the doctor needs to look at for a second with no testing they might just look. But if other staff need to help out they want you in the gown. Also they dont want to watch people undress.

• Dignity that's why

• Courtesy. Next question.