Why would someone believe the words written by men are the WORD OF GOD?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because that's what they were taught by their parents at an impressionable age, and don't want to change what they think about the world to something else because they see no reason to. Mostly because if you believe religion is true, then you'll "get punished" for disbelieving, so it causes an individual to not want to go "astray".

s3.amazonaws.com/.../choose.png

s3.amazonaws.com/.../favorite_color.png

• That's not true at all. for example, my brothers and I were all brought up in a Christian household. today both of only two are now atheists. I am and will always believe in God and Christ. that's not true at all. there are so many atheists who were early on brought up in a Christian household

• @Christie_01 two things,
      1.) marriage is a social construct, and isn't necessary to prevent "unwanted pregnancy" and "STDs", you just have to not be promiscuous and use protection (they're pretty solid although not 100%)
      2.) believing in something that isn't true won't make it actually true. The afterlife is something that simply cannot exist, see here www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1545631-why-do-atheists-think-they-re-opinions-are-golden

• @Christie_01 you could make your life have any purpose you want it to have. Why waste it on Christianity?

What Girls Said 7

• I'm don't have a faith, but i do believe in God.

I presume it's because the bible states God directed men to write the bible through his holy spirit, which is Gods active force. It's his power and he uses it to create, destroy, resurrect etc etc as well as guiding mens thoughts, in bible days, to carry out his will. His power is unlimited.

God didn't just use any random man to write the bible , he used his closest loyal friends, as well as his own prophets, and Jesus' disciples. These were from all walks of life. So they were god fearing men who loved God and Jesus.

The bible states God directed them as to what to write but he still allowed them the freedom to express themselves in their own way. The writers often stated that what they wrote was not their thoughts, but that of Gods.

The bible is the true only source a Christian can turn to if they want to get to know gods personality and his will. God doesn't talk directly to humans so he uses his word , the bible to draw people close to him. The bible states " draw close to god and he'll draw close to you" the way to do this is speaking to him direct through parayer , and meditating on the scriptures and applying what you learn in your everyday life, by adhering to his standards and laws.

Not sure if i am write , but that is my view anyway ��👍

• This is very well done Princess :)

• You have misread what i wrote. He did talk directly to humans , in bible day. Today we need the scriptures coz he no longer talks to humans. He did prior the the bible being written and as it was being written. He spoke all of the time to the men who wrote the bible.

So if your " lost" it's because you didn't read it correctly

• seems impossible to convey the thoughts of someone who won't speak to you is all

• I don't know. Because there are thousands of versions of the bible I thought how true could it be if everyone has a differen interpretation, if he's here there should only be one version.

• Who are you to say? Do you believe you are the word of God? of MAN? of Reason? Why do you care what another believes?

• because words a man wrote can not be the word of god, less all known writings are the word of god

• @mesonfielde you see how hypocritical the believers are. this chick going to say im arrogant for saying a man can't speak for good but completely ignoring the hypocrisy of saying a man can speak for god. unbelieveable

• @mesonfielde

• you can't compare them to simple humans like us, they have lived with jesus so they know what to write, when jesus was on earth he told his followers everything that god expects from us and how we should behave, i believe in these word they don't seem wrong and i love to read the bible it's a beautiful story

• Some people like being controlled over.

• Controlled?
      What do you mean?

• not an inane point just trying to get a logical basis why a person would take one writing as the word of god and not another

• Lee strobel-the case for Christ.
    More specifically the criterion for embarrassment.

• Watch that on YouTube

• No, she cannot prove it is. But she can believe it is. That is all that is required and is her choice and her ordinal business. You cannot prove it is not the word of God. She believes. You don't. You both have the freedom to do either. I see both sides. I choose to believe in an all powerful entity. Now some old man sitting up on a cloud. I believe in something that has always existed. Something immortal beyond human capacity to fully understand. Something way beyond the concept of humans, beyond the finite limits of mans mind. I don't know what it is and can't prove it exists to anyone else. In my mind the facts that we and all natural things exist is the proof FOR ME! I do not require anyone else to believe the same as me. I'm okay with what anyone else choses to believe or not believe. No one KNOWS if they're right about these things. But they BELIEVE they are right. That's called faith. Who cares what I believe or why?

• well, I don't know. It's not like that book fell out of the sky or something

• no books fall out the sky a person writes them

What Guys Said 7

• because everyone wants to believe in something. so religious texts become gospels for those who are willing to accept them as truth

• Why do you care what someone else believes? You don't believe it and that's fine. No one cares. Why care about things that don't effect you personally or have impact on your personal agenda?

What people believe and why is there business, not yours. Just like you not believing is your business. No one else's. Live and let live.

• not when they are forcing kids to learn this bullshit in public schools. in science class

• the only true store of information that can be universally agreed on as the word of god would be the DNA that programs all living things.

• Do your kids go to school in Louisiana? I'm sure enough people in Louisiana that do will and the fact that using the bible as a text book in a public school is unconstitutional. I don't feel they should do that either, and I believe in creation. Why do you care if someone believes the bible is the word of God? Why do you want to know why they believe it? You have your reasons for not believing it is, right? But you can't prove that it is not, correct? You just don't believe it is... and that's fine. I accept that. Why can't you just accept that some people believe the bible is the written word of god, they can't prove it and move on with you life agenda and not bog yourself down with this baiting and attacking peoples personal beliefs? Go attack the officials for the schools in Louisiana. That'd be a better course for you than meddling in peoples personal beliefs business. And trying to use logic in spiritual matters always fails as you are doing here.

• I am non religious so I don't know

• How do you know that they were written by men?

• because most books have a known author often times coinciding with the title of the book. we know mohammed wrote the Quran, we know the sumerians wrote genesis as it exists in the epic Gilgamesh but was plagirised into Christianity, islam and judaism

• No that's not only my proof,
      1. The Quran is eloquent to a point that it's impossible to be the word of a human being
      2. The Quran mentioned a lot of scientific facts that no one knew before the 18th century
      3. The Quran wasn't written in a book until prophet Mohammad peace be upon him died, it was reveled and memorized by people. So actually God didn't write it with his hands as you are assuming I'm saying, what I mean is that the Quran is the word of God that he reveled to prophet Mohammad.

• "1. The Quran is eloquent to a point that it's impossible to be the word of a human being "
      your personal belief i' have seen plenty of eloquent writings
      "2. The Quran mentioned a lot of scientific facts that no one knew before the 18th century "
      romans, and greeks, chinese had lots of this knowledge of which you speak
      "The Quran wasn't written in a book until prophet Mohammad peace be upon him died, it was reveled and memorized by people. So actually God didn't write it with his hands as you are assuming I'm saying, what I mean is that the Quran is the word of God that he reveled to prophet Mohammad. "
      this super complex masterfully eloquent, scientific breakthrough of knowledge was memorized word for word until it could be scribed decades later. highly unlikely it would have remained as perfect as you claim

• Because us people need something to believe in and some call it god

• Why would I believe anything a human tells me? I don't even know if the world is round or not. Yeah it probably sounds stupid to you but that's just bc of how strongly you believe something you read in a book. I don't know if those tests or whatever were true bc I wasn't there and saw no results.