Dropped Moms Samsung Galaxy S4... Cost to fix screen?

Im feeling horrible. I was trying to balance all our phones when getting out of the truck. The garage light was off. I ran into the sideview mirror to avoid running into the riding lawn mower. I dropped Moms phone and its looking like this:

She just gasped and I told her I'd somehow pay for it (using the money for my college textbooks). She rejected the money and she keeps saying its okay but I know she's pissed. I watched youtube DIY videos but I can't do all that. I saw it could cost $200+ to repair it. Anyone experienced this? What was the cost to fix it? I'm too scared to ask if she has insurance...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's going to cost almost as much as it would do just get a new phone. I dropped my iPhone 4s once and shattered the screen like you did, it cost me 300. All they did was just give me a new phone. They didn't replace the screen or anything

• Yea they just gave my mom a new one for $150

What Guys Said 6

• Lots of factors here. I could fix it for $20. That's how much the screen costs. The labor is the key. I've replaced more of these than I'd like to admit. I'm clumsy. Finally bought an Otter Box, that helped. But yeah, plan for around $200.

• Yea it was $150. Thanks for the offer but they've given her a new one

• I think it needs $150-200.

• This is why you should use a case. :P

• it's better to buy a new phone, there are already better phones than s4 at reasonable price

if you can do the diy thing, you can order a screen replacement and change it while watching those diy videos but u need the tools too

• Yea the DIY video looked difficult. We dont have money like that and my mom barely uses her phone. I have the iphone 5C, but she just upgraded from a Galaxy 2. She literally just got the phone like last month and she's on a 2year contract

• At LEAST $100. I think $200 would be really high.

• I just paid for it yesterday.. Took a whole $150. Smh

• If it's on contract they are supposed to fix it for free

• Its on contract but the contract wasn't up. I dropped it within 2 months of the 2 year contract haha. So yea it ended up being $150

What Girls Said 2

• Groupon has a sell going on right now ranging from 20.00-40.00 for smart phone repair.
    Join now!

• I've never shopped online?

• I use groupon site all of the time... they're a great company.
      If you want a cheap price.. groupon is the way to go.
      I really don't have any other answer than this.

• There are places in the mall that can fix these. I don't know what they cost but I am pretty sure it is less than that.

• Okay thank you

• these are kiosks in malls that advertise WE FIX SCREENS. I think I paid 80 for my son's iPhone.

• my ex BF's son... Freudian slip there isn't it... ugh