How often you should change deep-fryer’s oil?

I change mine after 10 uses or so…is it ok?

Most Helpful Guy

• Excuse me. I thought I was logging into Girls Ask Guys. Don't know how I got onto the cooking channel. I will leave now. You guys go on. Oh, and your chicken looks real nice. bye.

• LOL...

• MHO? Does this mean I have to come on and cook a chicken? I can barely choke one.

• LOL yer comment was funny that's y

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think there is a number. Just pay attention how it looks. If it's so dark. Change it. More than 5 times is not good I believe.

• lol i don't even have a fryer... but i guess you should change the oil regularly

• I don't even own a fryer lol. If I fry something I use the oil only once.

• Once it starts getting dirty and looking darker then it needs to be changed. But as long as the oil is still clear and clean it's fine to use. So you could probably leave it longer, depending on what you fry in it.

What Guys Said 6

• Depends on the length of time between these "uses." I wouldn't even use the same oil for 10 full batches in a single day.

Rancid oil is commonplace. Even at fast-food joints, where you'd think food safety is job one. I'm an adventurous eater but I would not use fryer oil even 24 hours after the first use.

Reusing cooking oil, to me, would be like reusing water for boiling.

• Usually when it starts to taste bad

• I don't have a deep fat fryer - My mam would kill me if I got one

• LOL... y?

• My dad had a triple by pass when I was young and my mam went mad with no fatty foods diet.

• ugh i see... my dad died at a young age by the way, although he was an active smoker/drinker

• I usually change it after 3-4 uses

• Almost after 5 to 8 times...

• Once a month :P