Advice for first time gynocologist go-ers?

So soon I will be going to an OBGYN and I'm so nervous. I am a virgin so I am pretty tight down there I guess you could say and that just leads me to believe that the doctor putting their hands up there or doing any kind of test might hurt or be very uncomfortable... Please some advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing a gynecologist is pretty uncomfortable, not going to lie. It can also be pretty embarrassing. I guess that it's just good to remember that this is their job and they don't care, they see loads of these every day. Dealing with the discomfort of the exam itself isn't exactly easy, but you just think about something else and take deep breaths. It's over quickly and it usually doesn't hurt.

(This isn't exactly true for me all he time because I have a condition that can make the muscles in my vagina tighten and makes any penetration extremely painful. However, when my condition doesn't act up and I've had an examination, it's been fine.)

What Guys Said 2

• Just try to be as relax as you can possibly be

• There professionals, I'm pretty sure they have the technology of checking you without much pain.

What Girls Said 5

• Sex doesn't make you looser that's a myth. Vaginas are resiliant and they do whatever the hell they want to. If your born loose then your gonna be loose unless you exercise it. If your tight then your tight, until you have kids that effects it. They are usually really nice about it, especially if it's your first time. Also I highly reccomend going to see a midwife for these kinds of things. They are super caring and think about what's in your best interest vs. What ever is easiest and most profitable for the doc. I'm not shaming all doctors but that was my experience going to a normal clinic. Just relax.

• pretty sure pap smears and pelvis exams don't happen until you are 21 especially where you are a virgin. I think it is mostly feeling for breast lumps, looking at the vulva, getting weighed and what not and talking when you are under 21

• Yes, but I haven't had my period in about 6 months which is a huge problem so they may have to do those tests.

• Yeah I've done that and it hurts lol

• It did for me for a long time too but now I am able to have sex so starting with a pinky and making you're way up eventually does help :p sorry if I am being too graphic

• Why are you going if you're a virgin and are 17?

• @throwit you don't need to have sex to go to an OBGYN and they say you need to go once you're 17-18

• They put their fingers that far in? Isn't that like an arms length away lol

• No just up the the second knuckle. I don't know how they can feel your ovaries this way either but that's what they do lol it doesn't hurt, and a finger or two won't stretch your hymen

• just relax... trust me. It hurts not going to lie, but if you're relaxed it'll be quick and over really fast. I did the opposite and was so scared the first time i went and it took forever and it was painful ever since then i just took it and it was over with really fast. it still hurts but at least it was quick

• Just try not to worry :s
    Physicals aren't fun but the person doing it is not judging you at all. They dont even care because they see hundreds of naked chicks.