Is what my boss doing okay? Or is it totally illegal?

So i just started my first job at a salon and i'm an apprentice and most apprentices get paid hourly... but im on commission (60/40). And the way its looking like to me is my boss is just going to pay me cash at the end of everyday for the services I've done.. Like i am not going to receive an actual paycheck on paper every week or two weeks or whatever. I just get to pocket it.

This seems shady to me... but im not really sure how things are supposed to work. I also never signed a contract or anything at all when i started.

Most Helpful Guy

• without a contract? hmmm pretty shady indeed

What Guys Said 4

• It looks like he is avoiding taxes and employee insurance

• Depends where you are. Sounds to me like the IRS is going to want a cut of that so be careful and keep a record of what you get or just keep very quiet about it and disvow any knowledge of money

• Depends is it his business because if it is he pay practically anyway he wants to

• Shady, definitely. He's avoiding putting those profits on the books (avoiding taxes).

What Girls Said 0