How come some people have no friends in life?

There's this guy I know and I am his only friend. At one point I was not talking to him and he had no friends. Why is this so? Like what is it that some people have ZERO friends?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it comes down to how they feel around others. many people r also incredibly uncomfortable with getting out of the 'safe zone'. u might have been his friend for awhile so he's used to u. i guess the concept of him opening up to new people is a bit daunting. it's understandable, but i think it's a fear that needs to be overcome... carefully.

• it took me five years to convince him that the gym was good to go to and when i try to get him to try new stuff like even new foods he retreats into his comfort zone

• justbanANNAz... more than just a pretty face and bananas, a source of wisdom

• haha thanks, that's very kind.
      i like it when people can see beyond my 'looks'.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the person.

Some people just don't connect well with others. They may have a personality or behaviours that drive people away.

Some people are shy, which makes it difficult to make friends. They may have a likable personality, but they have a hard time putting themselves in positions to make friends, or people lose interest in them because they don't open up quickly enough.

Some people are loners. They may not really care about having friends or not.

Some people might not have friends because they, say, moved to a new place, and haven't had many opportunities to meet new people. Or maybe they're someone who has a lot of responsibilities and so they don't have much time to socialize.

• It's sometimes hard for them to make one or either not interested in making one.

What Guys Said 6

• There are people I know and that know me. I would call them my friends simply because I would feel rude if I didn't. I don't hang out with people. I only talk to people at work, online, or when I need to get food or some other thing I want that requires interaction. I have some topics I enjoy talking about. I can listen to anyone talk about many different topics, sometimes even ones I'm not interested in.

I feel lonely at times and wish I had someone to share something with. I don't know what I would share, but I'm not sure it matters anymore. Sometimes I don't want to have anything to do with anyone. I want absolute isolation.

Why don't I have friends? Because I'm not sure if I want any. I'm not sure if I hate the company of others or crave it. I don't know what goes on in my mind. I'm going to die, and if my family is already dead, no one will care. And I'm not sure if that bothers me or not.

• maybe some people DON'T want to?

• I think you're right. He had NO friends in high school, I was his only friend. I don't get it. I was the most popular guy in high school. Meh

• so u believe a person can't survive without friends?

• no. I did not say that. You cannot survive without food and water. But I just find it odd but this is my opinion

• Some people don't need a lot of people around them

• people like me just don't care for it.

for me i just never cared for friends. If they didn't talk to me I didn't care.

I'm okay doing things on my own.

• That's just life man and it could also be that some people just like to keep themselves distant.

• Well I have one friend been friends with him since HS we have a lot in common.
    Some are just shy or don't want or care to have any.