Do you believe in this stupid "Alpha male" and "Beta Male" concept?

I was just reading this picture, realizing how fucking retarded the labeling is. The "Beta Males" sound more like paranoid males with poor life experience so I won't totally judge those with some of the problems mentioned. Not that I don't disagree with the Alpha male's list on the picture but I still find the labeling stupid. I wonder if these self-proclaimed "Alpha male" have any standards at all on how a lady should behave and live her life.

Do you believe in this stupid

• No, it's fucking retarded.
  • Yes, it's small part of life and men's insticts.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see it as people in the Internet, I just see it as the literal definition. Alpha means top, so saying a man is successful, will be the same as saying a man is Alpha. To me it has nothing to do with all the crap you see on body building sites for example, it has nothing to do with how much sex you have, but with how successful you are in your life, so therefore, a happy man would be considered an Alpha man, because being happy is everyone's goal in life.

The problem is that many people don't know what Alpha means. Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, so it's also used to refer to the first, something that's top.

What Girls Said 8

• It only applies in certain contexts - among people who aren't religious and have no concept of God. At my church nobody cares whether you are an alpha male or a beta male - they care how many hungry mouths you feed, how many people you hug, how many strangers you say hi to and how many hours you spend at fundraising events. Even very ugly guys can get girlfriends and have EXTREMELY attractive girlfriends when they help others and focus on being good people because they do it out of love - not to get attention from girls.

• I've always thought that was ridiculous and normally men who call themselves "alpha" are just narcissistic loud mouths lol

• Every man is different , and most of them are more complex than that. Yeah some of them fit those stupid stereotypes but seriously most men have other qualities and are more balanced and stuff.

• I do believe in the extremes of the good and bad. Someone's definitely a winner and the other, a LOSER. :)

• At last someone who post something against the "greek alphabet"

• Yeah I was seeing an Alpha male but then he stopped talking to me now I have a Beta and I hate it -.-

• I just see people as people and mind my own business.

• I think it's total bullshit. People can't be defined as alpha or beta. Sometimes people will do things that fall in one category, and sometimes they will do something else. Why does there need to be ALPHAS and BETAS? Why can't we just people? People are just constantly trying to find ways to divide people and put others down.

• Leaders and followers. It's pretty simple really. It doesn't even have to do something with chasing girls.

What Guys Said 17

• The alpha and beta male do exist to an extent, however who ever wrote that was an idiot. The alpha male is essentially an appeal to womens reptilian brain, the most basic part of her which craves a protector. This can be seen in a lot of primates where there is usually one dominant male who has a hareme and who's sole purpose is to defend. The beta male appeals to the more primate brain of a women, the more sophisticated part of the brain that craves a provider. It is merely two diffrent approaches to the same thing, neither one inferior or superior to the other.

• While there are some good points listed under the alpha male heading, the term 'alpha male' has a negative connotation to it in today's society and so I'm assuming the above is an idealised view of what should be and not what is. And if this is idealised, why is there a Beta male category?

• I think it is total bullcrap

• i believe it should b abolished... it's pointless anyway

• Yes i believe in them, because they do exist. Plus it is basic evolutionary, economic and biology theory. If this wasn't true, then any man could get any woman and that is absolutely not true.

• I seriously doubt they had much to do with women. It's a fucking stupid and senseless ego for insecure, retarded men and has no valid scientific evidence that it helps contribute to our society in today's world.

• Yes it does. Ebolutionary and Economic Theory would prove it correct:

Evolutionary and Biology Theory: For questions of survival, animals have always chosen to mate with the best providers and the specimens with the best gene pool or composition. The other who have not gotten a mate or had to choose less then desirable mates have dissapear with time.

Economic Theory": Basic Supply and Demand theory: The most attractive women since they are "low" in supply and "high" on demand have the ability to choose much more than a woman who is less desirable. The same applies to men, the men that are lower in supply because they are the most attractive, succesful and best sweet talkers get to choose the best women, because they have a lot to choose from.

• And do you actually have any valid scientific sources to prove me otherise or are you just pulling these out of your ass based on what you've heard from a few older men (with these gender beliefs) who are as crazy as the westboro baptist church members?

• I feel there is some truth to that but the thing about alpha in terms of fighting or physical strength at least is that an alpha could get beat up and automatically they will be seen as beta by others.

• They extremes, but sometimes very, very true. That doesn't mean someone is innately 'Alpha' or 'Beta'. Things can change.

• As a concept it may have a meaning in social groups, but this picture is more bullsh*t than what a bull actually defecates.

• Funny how in reality a lot of this list is reversed.

• The way it says to treat women sounds like something a feminist or a bible thumper would write. I always thought an alpha male was somebody who banged as many chicks as possible because he's so awesome; like James Bond.

• I don't believe in that shit at all

• I believe it's true although one person cannot be 100% alpha all the time while at the same time no person can be 100% beta in all situations. A leader will be considered an alpha while followers will be considered Beta, as simple as that.

• Not everyone can be a winner but here there shouldn't be a contest.

• It does exist, but this list is too rigid at certain traits can be a result of introversion.

• To be honest it's all shit, mist men are a mixture of all.

• This is a totally different "alpha" and "beta" male to what people usually mean. Usually "alpha male" doesn't mean mature, usually it means the confident guys who like to take charge etc , whereas "beta" is usually the guys who leave the decision making to others. So with the usual meaning of the word most guys are "beta" and it's not a bad thing, I'm happy being beta

• Alpha beta labels are dumb.

But that chart is not dumb.